Centurylink - Price incorrectly quoted...Billed much more!

Posted on Friday, February 19th, 2010 at 5:12pm CST by 90be7d69

Product: Triple Bundle

Company: Centurylink

Location: Century Link PO Box 165700 Altamonte Springs, FL 32716
US

URL: http://centurylink.com/

We recently moved into an area where centurylink was a service provider. They had advertised bundles for home phone, internet and TV. When I called them, I was quoted a price of $74.95/month, which I was told included the bronze package from dish network, middle of the road internet, and unlimited local and long distance home phone. My first bill I recieved was for $146.71. When I called to dispute the bill they informed me that I have installation fees, okay, and they could substract $21.28 for tv services I didn't agree to pay. I paid $125.43, more than I agreed with, but figured it was a one time thing. My second months bill came and was $127.69, again not what I agreed to. They charged me late fees on the $21.28 and had added a bunch of partial credits for services I once again did not order. When I called customer service I was met with rude and seemingly untrained employees. They informed me that was correct what was billed and I needed to pay that, that I was never offered such a deal and the only thing they were willing to do was internally coach thier employees, not help me with my current problem. I spoke with three different employees and was countered with the same problem every time. Even when I informed them I had found service with another company, they told me I still had to pay this outrageous bill and if I didn't pay it in its entirety I could be turned into collection. I would never use or reccomend them to anyone again!