DIY upholstery supply

Posted on Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 at 6:48pm CST by 1b797793

Product: Return policy

Company: DIY upholstery supply

Location: 967 Town & Country Dr.
Southaven, MS, 38671, US

URL: http://www.diyupholsterysupply.com/

I ordered $119 staple gun along with other items. I contacted the owner how I can return and get refund for this as it did not seem safe with my young children. It turned out that he will not accept the return of "tool" at all as customers may return the tool after they finish work. Then he offered "I will make an exception if you are willing to pay a 30% restocking fee and if the gun has not been used". On the website, it is stated "20% restocking fee for unapproved item". I shipped the item for refund of 119 x 0.8=95. He e-mailed that he will not accept the item at all.

Not to mention about additional $18.24 for multiple packages and the fabric that he finally answered that " the fabric is discontinued and a check is in the mail to you".

I'm talking about relatively small sum of money, but thought this may alarm other customers.

My take home message; do background screening before shopping.

85a2627e, 2010-02-11, 09:25AM CST

Quote from Customer (the return of "tool" at all as customers may return the tool after they finish work)

This customer clearly states she used this tool; we do not take back used tools.

Our return policies are simple. Below is a copy of our return policies, you can also read our return policies on our customer service page on our website.

Return Policies

Returns- DIY Upholstery Supply does not have a restocking fee on approved returns. To obtain an approved return code you must contact DIY Upholstery Supply via e-mail [email protected] There is however a 30% restocking fee on unapproved and refused orders. All applicable shipping charges are the customer??s responsibility. Please be sure to have all the information needed before making your purchase.

PS: it would be nice if complaints.com would verify its complaints before letting people like this who are clearly trying to rip off hard working small business such as myself