Ulta - Ulta employees are awful and has a horrible customer service

Posted on Thursday, December 9th, 2010 at 10:31am CST by 77f47551

Product: Ulta

Company: Ulta

Location: Fairfax, Vi, 22033, US

Ulta for me has been by far the worst place to shop at. I have neither heard nor experience this kind of extreme un-professionalism from any company and its employees. I had a similar kind of situation where I had used my points on a purchase and paid for that purchase through my credit card. Well when I went to return it, the manager on duty (her name was Myra) told me that because I used points, she will not return my money back on my credit card. Instead she issued me a merchandise credit for the entire amount. When I called their customer service toll-free number, they told me that the policy is to return a customer their money in the form of their original payment and the points back to their account. So I went back to the store and the same manager was there who had an extremely unprofessional attitude towards me. There was no apology let alone any courtesy. She did not even talk to me. When I tried to explain her, she cut me off by saying she knows what to do....how rude? She was constantly rolling eyes on me and looking at other co-workers with a sarcastic smile as if telling them that she is dealing with an idiot. In the midst of the situation, she accused me of stealing a 0.99 cents hand cream that was my very own purchase and I even had a receipt to prove that. Then she finally told me that she wont do my return and I'll have to come back to talk to the store manager. At that point, I left my hand cream at the counter because I did not want to create a fuss about a 0.99 cents item and decided to just talk to the store manager in hopes of getting it resolved. I indicated to Myra that I'd need to talk to corporate regarding this. The answer I got, "Oh they already know, what else can you do about it, huh?"

Next morning I called the General Manager (Jennifer Richards) who completely ignored my concerns and started defending her employee almost immediately. Jennifer was not in the store when Myra portrayed such an act of un-professionalism and was completely oblivious to the actual situation but she decided to defend Myra and didn't even bother to listen let alone trying to resolve. At the end, Jennifer the general manager told me to contact whoever I want and hung up on me. I am sensing a great deal of boldness in attitudes of these women who represent themselves as managers of Ulta. There is clearly no consideration or regard about the company's reputation on their part. It seems that they have been completely convinced that no matter how they behave with a customer, nothing is going to happen to them and there won't be any corrective action taken. And they don't even hesitate from accusing customers or challenging them for going to the next level up the chain. The store manager doesn't even bother to listen to a customer and when I asked Jennifer for a number to the District manager, I was denied. As of now, I am extremely disappointed in Ulta, its representatives and its managers. I plan never to shop at this store. I might as well start shopping at a close alternative, Sephora.