Value City Furniture - Value City Furniture - TERRIBLE CUST SERV.

Posted on Tuesday, December 7th, 2010 at 12:27pm CST by d159439e

Product: Full over Full bunk beds

Company: Value City Furniture

Location: 7077 Chippewa
St. Louis, MO, 63119, US

URL: http://www.vcf.com/

I am in the process of replacing an entire house full of furniture because of a fire loss. Between me and my girlfriend, we have seven children in need of new mattresses and beds.

I initially visited the Chippewa store on November 11, 2010 to purchase a minimum of three mattresses and possibly two sets of bunk beds. My girlfriend had been assured by Tracy [sales associate], the evening before that the mattresses were in-stock AND available. They were not. I was advised that it would take at least a week for the mattresses to arrive.

I purchased a set of twin bunk beds and placed an order [including deposit] for a full-over-full set of bunk beds. When I was told that the ordered set wouldnt arrive until November 30, I offered to PAY FULL PRICE for the display model, as we REALLY needed beds for our children. Tracy supposedly spoke with a manager who told her that the display model wasnt for sale.

On November 29, a message was left stating that our bunk beds would be available for pick up the next day. They were not. I stopped by the Chippewa store on November 30, and I told that our bunk beds might be arriving on December 2. I noticed that the display set was no longer in the store. REALLY?!? When I asked about the missing display set, I was told it had been sold and given a lame story about moving merchandise around the floor. No other displays had been moved or even rearranged since my visit on November 11.

After two lengthy phone conversations with Kirk [manager], he informed me that our bunk beds were dropped off at the distribution center. I offered to pick them up there. He then said they werent at the distribution center. And it was going to be December 19 before the beds would be available. I will be cancelling this order.

Both my girlfriend and I had repeatedly expressed the urgency of our situation. We are not simply window shopping, we are buying and will continue to buy. Everything needs to be replaced, but beds were the first priority. At this point, we have had mattresses on the floor for weeks and have been shifting children from room to room to accommodate our lack of bed frames.

In this economy, I find it truly disturbing that any company would exhibit such little concern for customer satisfaction.