CompUSA - Miami CompUSA Srore Crooked and Incompetent

Company: CompUSA

Location: 14951 S. Dixie HWY
Miami, FL, 33176, US

URL: http://www.compusa.com/

I delivered the letter below to Jorge Artimez, store manager and tech manager at the Miami CompUSA store. He responded by saying that the techs at Iyogi and CA (Computer Associates) were liars. Furthermore that they lied to get my money just as he would have. When I told him that I saw the lack of a cleanup and the failure to remove conflicting programs running other anti-virus software still in my computer after the CompUSA cleanup service, he said I was a liar.

CompUSA

14951 S. Dixie HWY

Miami FL

December 1, 2010

RE: Service Record 228478/2

Dear Sir:

The service record 228478/2 for our computer is attached. It shows the computer was checked in on November 22, 2010 at 12:29 pm and released at 17:12 pm. The cost was $162.76 and the following services were supposed to be rendered for the sum of $119.99:

WE REMOVED ALL TRACES OF VIRUSES

COMPCARE SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE CLEANUP

Neither was done according to help desk for the CA Internet Security Ani-Virus and Anti-Spyware, (hereinafter referred to as CA). We paid $39.99 for CA. I contacted the CA help desk yesterday because CA seemed to be performing very slowly. Although at first reluctant to say so, CA help desk had to admit that the virus removals and cleanup were incomplete, and CA installation was wrong.

CA help desk recommended that we do not return to CompUSA because of the incompetent work done. Instead it recommended that we find another company to fix the computer.

After reviewing prices, guarantees and services available, we went with SLCI, a subsidiary of Computer Associates at a cost of $169.99 for one year of 24/7 service. The clincher for us to purchase was that SLCI's 30 day guarantee of proper service at commencement or a full refund.

We came to CompUSA to have THINKPOINT virus removed from our computer. It sold us the $119.99 package and the CA for $39.99. We object to the first charge and wish a credit of $119.99.

In order to properly install the CA Internet Security version 7:

1. the computer needed to be cleaned (optimized with the PC Optimizer that CompUSA sold and installed at the time of purchase);

2. Other anti-virus/anti-spyware programs needed to be removed from the computer.

CompUSA technician did not do either of the above.

CompUSA technician did disable THINKPOINT virus on our computer, but did not do the following tasks or advise us of the necessity of doing same:

1. Create a Restore point.

2. Scan the computer for other infections, or parts thereof and remove them.

3. Delete the Temporary Files.

4. Perform a Disk Cleanup.

5. Optimize the Internet Explorer.

6. Check to see that if CA is Working fine

We want CompUSA to issue a credit of $119.99.