Verizon - Verizon Erroneous Charges - Turned over to collection agency

Company: Verizon

Location: PO Box 660720
Dallas, TX, 75266-0720, US

URL: http://www.verizon.com/

I cancelled our phone and internet service with Verizon effective July 10, 2010 as my husband (who is an active duty service member in the Army) was given orders that required us to move to Virginia. Verizon prorated our service and sent us a refund in the amount of $9.74 for the pre-paid partial month service.

I did not receive a statement from Verizon for the month of August.

On our bill dated 9/20/2010, showed a balance due of $29.99 for services dated 07/13/2010 08/12/2010. On October 6, 2010, I called Verizon and listened to the automated system which stated that our current account balance was zero. I then spoke to Amanda (Employee #4626) to inquire about the charges. I explained that we had cancelled our service effective July 10, 2010. Amanda confirmed that our account had been closed effective July 10, 2010, and that the charge for $29.99 was billed after the date our account was closed. She said she would reverse the charges pending the approval of a supervisor. She explained that if there were any issues, we would receive a call from someone within three days. I confirmed that my current phone number was on file and asked Amanda to notate that I had called. Amanda stated that she would make the notation.

On December 4, 2010, I received a letter from EOS CCA Collection Agency giving us notice that our account has been placed in collection. I called Verizon and listened to the automated system which stated that our account balance was zero. I spoke to Christina (Employee #50037) and she stated that I could now only speak to Verizon Financial Services at 888-409-7622 or the collection agency about my account as it had been forwarded to collections. I confirmed that Christina had my current phone number on file and asked her to notate that I had called. She stated that she would.

At this point, our account has been turned over to a collection agency and I cannot get anyone from Verizon to speak to us about our bill! DO NOT CONDUCT BUSINESS WITH VERIZON!!!