DISH Network - Dish Network Unreliable

Posted on Saturday, December 4th, 2010 at 6:37am CST by 0c81ae63

Company: DISH Network

URL: http://www.Dishnetwork.com/

Dish Network charged me a $15 service charge to come and fix a problem I was having after less than 3 months of service. What is worse, if I don't pay a $6 per month fee, they will charge $95 to fix an issue with their equipment. I tried to resolve issue and was told that it was a legitimate charge. And since they have me locked in for 2 years they don't seem to care.

008a25c3, 2010-12-23, 08:34AM CST

Our Service Plan works the same way as most other insurance policies do. By paying a $6 monthly premium, DISH Network will cover the cost of a technician visit, minus a $15 co-pay. This covers the cost of parts, as well as labor. During the visit, a specially trained technician will examine your entire installation to ensure that every component is working the way it should be. We also back our work with a 60-day warranty, making any additional technician visits required during that time 100% free of charge. What other companies may do is automatically incorporate a fee similar to our Service Plan into customers' monthly rate. We allow our customers the option to have it included.

e9cf74b2, 2010-12-29, 08:20AM CST

This is Phillip Chang with DISH Network's Customer Support. I am sorry to hear that you had a problem that required a technician to come out. We really do value as a customer and want to help. We currently back our work with a 60 day warranty, making any additional technician visits required during that time 100% free of charge. Our Service Plan functions like most other insurance policies do. By paying a $6 monthly premium, DISH Network will cover the cost of a technician visit, minus a $15 co-pay. This covers the cost of parts as well as labor.

I hope the issue you were having has been addressed. In the event that it hasn't please contact us by calling 1-800-333-DISH (3474) or e-mail me at [email protected] Thank you for being a value DISH Network customer!

a9b849d6, 2011-01-02, 05:53PM CST

The original installation includes a 60 day warranty. If a problem occurs in that period we would return at no cost. The equipment is leased but similar to a lease with an auto the consumer is expected to share maintenance costs of the system as it is not built into the monthly programming price. If you would like us to review this further let me know. Mark, DISH Network Customer Service

a9b849d6, 2011-01-02, 06:28PM CST