Born Shoes - Born shoes falling apart

Product: Born Clogs

Company: Born Shoes

Location: 124 W Putnam Ave
Greenwich, Ct, 06830-5317, US

I have aleast 25 30 pairs of born shoes which means I never wear the same pair all the time. I have had two pair of clogs come unglued just in the last month. What bothers me the most is the fact that these shoes are expensive and you would expect the to last a lifetime instead the whole sole has come completly unglued. I called Born customer service which did not care so for this fact I will not be puchasing any more Born shoes. When I went to my favorite store where I always buy my shoes selection was slim. I asked the reason it was quality. I see why now I know Born could care less but they have lost a good customer.

416e9201, 2011-10-10, 06:11PM CDT

I myself have a pair of BORN clogs that I love, I have had them for a while and did not wear them all the time. They look great but came unglued. The top is coming off the sole. Yes they are very expensive and I will not be buying them again!!!

f24b34ab, 2012-06-10, 11:32AM CDT

I have the same problem. A 100 dollar pair of maryjanes just came unglued for no apparent reason. Like you, I did not wear them frequently and the tops of the shoes and the soles show almost no wear. What a rip off!!!!!!

11820a08, 2012-12-01, 11:59PM CST

I have had TWO pair of Borne Shoes (different styles of flats) come apart the same way. The cheap plastic trim between the top & sole came off and the shoes completely separated. Send a complaint to Borne, NO response.

Norman C., 2013-07-23, 07:15AM CDT

The rubber soles on my Born shoes (men's) broke at the point where my foot flexes and fell off of my shoe. Looks like a combination of cheap material and shoddy workmanship. I was surprised considering how expensive they were. I won't be replacing them with Born.

184019f5, 2013-11-04, 04:51PM CST

10 years ago, I purchased 2 pairs of Born leather shoes at a shoe store in Camarillo, CA -- one pair of brown clogs; the other pair of dark green penny loafers. I have almost 70 pairs of shoes (not Born) - so I rarely wore the Born shoes. Two years ago, while walking down the stairs in my house, the sole of the green shoes tore away from the top of one shoe. Last week, I was in my kitchen and was wearing the brown clogs. The shoe felt loose, and I look down and the same thing happened -- the sole tore away from the top of one shoe. WOW. So thankful I was at home. NO MORE buying Born!!!!!