Wildblue Communications - Improper Billing

Company: Wildblue Communications

Location: 5970 Greenwood Plaza Blvd, Ste 300
Greenwood Village, CO, 80111, US

URL: http://www.wildblue.net/

Wildblue Communications charged my credit card for a month of service five weeks after I had terminated my service. When I moved to my new home, I called to have my equipment installed. This equipment was not leased, and I had been a Wildblue (WB) customer for five years. At the time I signed on, customers were required to purchase the satellite and modem. When I asked if I could have my dish installed at my new location, I was told that they would no longer support the equipment they sold me and that I had to lease new equipment from them. I elected to terminate my service with WB and sign on with another internet service provider. The WB customer service agent offered me a month of free service to migrate my emails to my new provider since I had been such a good customer. I accepted their offer. Although the satellite dish was never installed, I was able to access my WB email account through the web using my new internet provider. I was able to retrieve and send messages and advise people of my new email address.

At the end of the 30 day period the email account was terminated. About a week later I received an email from WB advising that my credit card was being charged $49.95, which was my usual monthly billing. Assuming a mistake, I called WB and after repeated attempts finally got through to the billing department. To my surprise, I was told that my account was automatically re-activated because I had not called back at the end of the 30 day grace period to confirm my cancellation. I explained that I did not have internet service with WB, nor was my satellite equipment operational or installed for the period that they were billing me for. However, the agent said that a refund was not forthcoming. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that there were no floor managers available. I demanded that they delete my credit card information from their files, and was given a case number to follow up on that request. I was also told by that agent that I had to call back within three business days to follow up on that case number or my account would be re-activated! When I called back three days later, I was told that there were indeed floor managers, and I was able to speak to one. Upon reviewing my complaint, the manager said that I should not have been billed for services not rendered and that the charge to my credit card would be reversed. That was in mid-October, and it is now the end of December and the charges have not been reversed.