Comcast - Ransome Refund

Company: Comcast

Location: 15 Plymouth Drive
Easton, MA, 02356, US

URL: http://www.comcast.com/

I cancelled my account in November. When bringing back my equipment I was told I ordered a router in September and I need to return it. I stated I didn't order it, nor receceived it. Comcast said they have evidence it was received by UPS (without a signature). Comcast did say the router was never activated. Ironically, I purchased my own router after having issues a few months earlier and was never offered a free router. After speaking with Yolanda Parker, an Account Manager with Comcast, she said not to worry about it and asked for a receipt for the router I purchased and agreed to reimburse me $139 for the unused month plus an extra $50 for the router and I should receive a check within 4-6 weeks. After waiting 7 weeks without a check, I called and was told I need to file a claim with UPS for the lost router before Comcast would send my check. No one at Comcast said I needed to do this but I called UPS anyway on 12/27 and they told me it was Comcast's responsibility to contact UPS, not mine.

I don't feel Comcast gets to keep my money for a router I never ordered and was supposedly given to be given to me at no cost. If I had their equipment, I would give it back. There is no evidence I signed for it, nor activated it, and I want my refund!