US POST OFFICE - THE POST OFFICE DOESN'T DELIVER

Company: US POST OFFICE

Location: 4455 Lake Ave.
Rochester, NY, 14612, US

URL: http://www.usps.com/

I sent a gift to California in the US Post Office's PRIORITY MAIL flat rate envelope. It cost $7.25 with signature confirmation.

Well, 5 days after the envelope was mailed out, I tracked the envelope in Alabama...and it's still in transit! I contacted the Post Office and asked for a refund; the clerk told me that there's NO GUARANTEE for Priority Mail service.

When I sent the envelope last week, I was told that priority mail would deliver in 2-3 days; and all of the ads for the priority mail service by the Post Office say that the package arrives in 2-3 days. The Post Office doesn't say that priority mail "may" reach its destination in 2-3 days. In fact, on its website, it clearly says "Your packages reach their destination in 2-3 days." USPS leads you into believing that consumers are getting a safe, reliable, and cheaper alternative to express or registered mail services.

The clerk told me that I was out of luck....that there are no refunds for Priority Mail service because no guarantees were made. I think when the Post Office says "your packages reach their destination in 2-3 days" that is a guarantee. Where does the Post Office say "no guarantees?"

The Post Office is leading many people into believing that the 2-3 day delivery time is honored by the post office. It seems to me that Priority Mail is all hype.....just a more expensive gimick to 1st class mail.