Air India - Air India - Horrific Experience - Late Flight - Lost Luggage- Missed Connections - No Customer Support

Posted on Monday, December 20th, 2010 at 7:07pm CST by 7e635870

Product: Flight

Company: Air India

URL: http://airindia.in/

Orbitz put me on a flight that had Air India Flight 101 (Bombay to Delhi) connecting to American 293 (Delhi to Chicago). The Air India part has been such an experience that I will never never again advise anyone to take another Air India flight.

Before departing from USA, I had called both Air India and American and confirmed that I was allowed to checking 2 pieces of luggage since I had an AA ticket and am an AA platinum member. Both had said that since I am international passenger, international flight rules will apply even though AI flight segment was local.

At the checkin counter, the person insisted that I am a domestic customer and so I had to pay for the 2nd piece. It took 1 hour before they could verify by looking into Internet (and my showing it to them on my iPhone) that AA rules will allow me 2 pieces. They then refused to check in the bags directly to my final US destination and it was booked only up to Delhi where I was supposed to pick up on arrival and check it again with AA.

The flight was delayed and so the 2 hour connection time became only 1.25 hours connection time. Then I waited at the luggage belt and the luggage didn't arrive for 20 minutes. AI help desk refused to help me because I should have booked connection with more time. It was my fault.

I asked for help from AA baggage office, they advised me to run to the checkin counter since the AA flight was going to close. So I ran and ran at every step of check in including security and gate and was barely able to make the flight. Upon arrival in my final destination (Saint Louis), I filed a missing baggage report with AA. They are still trying to find the baggage.

All my attempts to call Air India have failed. Their customer support web page provides form which was returned as bounced email back to me saying that [email protected] does not exist.

I called their US reservation number, they said, they cannot help but they provided me two help numbers in India 25652050 and 23296621. Both numbers were found non existent.

I have given up on getting any help from Air India. I will keep calling AA until they find it. At least they are answering all my phone calls and trying to help.