Renewal by Andersen - Windows leak air

Company: Renewal by Andersen

Location: 7220 W. Frontage Road
Merriam, KS, 66203, US

URL: http://www.renewalKC.com/

Just to give some back ground here I live on some acreage in a 1 Story and half house. It is not uncommon to get 30 - 45 knot gust. At the time of installation my home was 12 years old. The previous windows were a Marvin builders grade which was starting to fail. We did our homework and went through numerous window replacement companies. RBA came out and did their sales pitch and we loved the windows. We bought 26 windows at a cost of $22K. We went with the Window inserts instead of the full replacements. With the installation process we were a little concerned when we saw the RBA team doing their work. The team was being very frugal with the foam. We raised concern that it gets very windy out here where we live and they need to be very plentiful with the foam. We were assured what they were doing would suffice the need for the installation. Throughout the summer the windows were good. The real problems are starting to now. With heavy gust (30-40 knots) the windows leak air, especially around the double hung windows. Which for our case we only got 2. We have several picture windows that are fixed. These windows leak air worse than our old windows. So we are going to see how good the warranty is for this company. From what we have seen from the replacement windows these have the best ratings over other competitions. From what I have read about the replacement windows it is all about installation. My wife and I are getting ready for a long haul battle. For this amount of money we SHOULD not be having these issues. I know for people this can be emotional, however I am pretty calm and always look at the facts.