Dell - Dell Lost my Order? What???

Posted on Friday, December 10th, 2010 at 8:06pm CST by 5dc68c9a

Company: Dell

Location: 1 Dell Way MS 8210
Round Rock, TX, 78682, US

URL: http://www.dell.com/

I placed an order with Dell for a Vizio 47-inch E470VA 1080p LCD HDTV on 11/29/2010 during their advertised Cyber Monday special. I had debated between buying this special or one on Amazon but went with Dell. That was a major mistake on my part as I have never had a problem with Amazon and shop with them all the time.

I received my order acknowledgment from Dell (Dell Purchase ID: 2002922681782)on 11/30/2010. After a few days I started to become concerned when my order status was not updated and contacted Dell support.

When I called, the support rep said I would have to call the next day because their system tools were down. On 12/6/2010 I finally received a cancellation notice with the following text:

"This is to inform you that a technical error occurred during processing that resulted in our inability to gather the information necessary to fulfill your recent order. As a result, we have cancelled the order. You have not been charged for this order."

"The fastest way to reinstate your order is for you to visit www.dell.com and place a new order."

Of course by this time I had missed out on an opportunity to get a good deal and they have raised the price on this TV back to their regular price. I have purchased hundreds of items online over the years and have never had an order confirmed and then "lost". This is supposed to be a huge technical company.

I have since been in contact with their order support team and they will not honor the original purchase price from Cyber Monday.

I highly recommend you stay away from them as their customer support is the worst I have ever seen especially with a company as big as theirs.