Ford Motor Company - Ford Motor Company Faulty Window Regulator/Poor Design 2004 F150

Posted on Wednesday, December 1st, 2010 at 10:41am CST by b73fc618

Product: 2004 Ford F-150 FX4

Company: Ford Motor Company

URL: http://www.ford.com/

In 2009 I had a window regulator replaced in the rear of my 2004 F150 FX4 behind the passenger sea,t this year in June the rear window regulator behind the driver had to be replaced, and now in November the rear passenger regulator has again failed in less that 18 months. in both instances they were replaced under a warranty I bought at Hall Ford in Newport News and paid each time a $100 deductible to have it repaired. I find it unreasonable that a part would fail three time in 17 months and since Ford is the only company that makes the part I can find I have no choice but to get another Ford branded part that I feel will just once again fail on me. There are many complaints on this on not only forums, but the NHTSA has received many reports of this issue. After contacting Ford directly and getting canned responses that there is "no recall" "no programs" and "no warranty". I feel as if there is an issue with either the design of the part or the materials used in the manufacturing of the part that is causing some kind of fault resulting in the failure and ultimately the replacement of the window regulator with a Ford part only of the same design.