Toshiba - Want refund for Toshiba laptop

Posted on Wednesday, August 18th, 2010 at 5:26pm CDT by 9fae6f01

Product: A505-S6040

Company: Toshiba

Location: Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. Digital Products Division 9740 Irvine Boulevard Irvine, CA 92618-1697 1-949-583-3000
92618-1697, US

Purchased Toshiba laptop and have had nothing but headaches. Sent it in for repair and it was returned within a week with the HD re-imaged and it said it had been tested and everything was fine. Turned it on and it did the exact same thing, screen freezes and a black screen on reboot.

I called customer service and asked for a refund. I was told to send my request to the corporate office. I mailed a certified letter documenting everything and requesting a refund and filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

I was called today by Jennifer Burnett and told that there was nothing they could do except send it in for re-repair. I told her that I really just needed a refund and would continue to pursue that.

While reading reviews on Amazon I found it curious that all the reviews of this laptop that were purchased around the same time as mine were experiencing problems, some were similar and some were not, but there were no positive reviews during that time period. I think there must have been some kind of defect in the manufacturing of these units and they should be refunded or at the very least replaced with a brand-new unit with a new warranty.