Santander Consumer USA - THEY LOOSE PAYMENTS

Company: Santander Consumer USA

Location: 1010 W Mokingbird Lane Suite 100
Dallas, TX, 75247, US

URL: http://www.santanderusa.com/

I would not reccomend this company to anyone! If a dealership offers this to people that have fair-poor credit DONT use it! We had 3 occasions were they cashed checks and then NEVER posted them to the account all 3 times I had to fax in copies of the cashed checks and threaten them with an attorney to do anything! Very poor customer service!! Then when I traded the vehicle in they sent my overpayment to the dealership that we bought our different vehicle through! That dealership had never heard of any company doing that before!

8b7e6322, 2010-09-07, 03:51PM CDT

I am so glad to see tis information in the internet. I recently paid off my car, financed thru Citi Financial, which to me was a good company.. I called to inquire when will I receive my title and the tone of the ladie that I was talking to was not pleasing. I am glad that I do not have to deal with Santander, the name sounds stange. She was not a pleasant person there at Santander. I was thinking about refinances with them but not now!!

3fe123f8, 2010-09-15, 08:44AM CDT

I would like to follow up on this and also note that we have wait almost 40 days to get our refund for overpayment! They kept telling me it would be 21-30 days after they got the payment that I would have my refund. I asked the dealership that I bought my new vehicle through and they said it is a little abnormal but not completly unheard of. Then when I called at the thirty days they had the balls to say that the check was printed and would be mailed in 10 days!! I am so furious that I have even filed a complaint with the better buisness buerue(spelling?)! I guess this is the main reason the company has changed hands 3 times they need to be completly out of buisness!!

4fc3d75f, 2010-11-21, 08:16PM CST

This Company is aka Soveriegn Bank. I traded my car in July 2009. I found out the following Feb that my credit (799) was ruined by them - they had been reporting me as not making my monthly payments on the traded car! Did they ever think once to contact me? I think a reputable company would. Experian cleared me but the black marks have to be removed by Santander and they refuse to do it. I was just turned down again for credit....Why should I have to pay for a lawyer to fix their mistake?

3483f1d5, 2011-03-02, 07:57PM CST

I would like to say i have had the worst experience with dealing with them i just got off phone yet again my account was up to date before when my wife passed they were suppose to defer a payment well guess what for 16 months they have changed me late fees denying this on the phone yet every statement i get says so on top of that that threatened me with repossision i explained since i lost my wife i have become disabled and that they should work woth me no sympathy the man was a rude obnoxios person if you can avoid using these peopel at all costs the are ruthless they will call yoru friends your neighbors you family and harras them they will say they will work with you and dont they do what they want and they get away with it this company should be investagated for unfair practices ahrrasment of custors and rip offs of customers they lose information deny reciving info say they are entering info and dont then call and harras you copnstantly they were calling me 7 days a week all day and night ba dbusiness if i had a way out of the loan i would i cant i am disabled and they are still holding the title to a car i have paid triple for since taking out the loan

ea5b38d0, 2011-11-08, 09:57PM CST

I am currently in dispute of the payoff of my 2005 Toyota Corolla - I was laid off and had 2 payments deferred I have paid 350.00 a month since 12/06 and still owe more than 11K. The math does not add up - right. If anyone has any suggestions on who to contact or what to do you can reach me at [email protected]

Thanks - trying to decide if I should tell them to come pick up the car and start over or what.

515788f2, 2011-12-01, 07:31PM CST

I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. They harrass you and promise to work with you and promise to deferr payments and still charge you late fees. They're sneaking and like i said harrass you seven days a week all hours of the night and day. I finally had to contact the better business bureau for them to quit harassing me. Since buying my vehicle i have paid triple for it and still don't have it paid off.Where is the help for the consumer, these people have a license to steal and at 2:00a.m. in the morning they came to my house and repossed my vehicle i paid over 2500.00 to get it back and was told b the girl at the repo place that that took care of all of my overdue payments and everything,i get the truck back next month go to make a payment and they said i still owed them over 1000.00 and my payments are 367.00 a month. Now what the hell is going on here. This company should be forced out of business for unfair treatment and harassment towards the consumer.Where are OUR RIGHTS!!

506035c6, 2011-12-16, 08:19AM CST

I too feel that I was tricked by Santander and at this point have no way of getting them the money they are asking for within the next ten days, I made payment on 11-18-11, agreed to pay another $170 on 12-16-11 and $400 on 12-28-11 and they took my car on 12-15-11 stating that I turned down a deferrment, they did not offer me a deferrment. Now I have 10 ten days to come up w/at least $1600. I don't have that kind of money. They tricked me good and I made 32 payments out of 38.