Wendy's - Get sick - you're screwed

Company: Wendy's

Location: Hwy 261
MANNING, SC, 29102, US

Category: Restaurants, Bars

Let me preface this by saying that Wendy's has been my favorite "fast food joint" for years. On July 19,2010, my wife and two of our grandchildren were taking a vacation to our eldest daughters home in Florida. En route we stopped at a Wendy's in Manning SC for a quick bite. We went inside (I'm not a fan of drive thru) and placed our order. I got a Baja Salad as I have been trying to eat a little healthier lately. By 5:00 P.M. I learned what "Montezuma's Revenge" is all about. We arrived at our daughters about 6:00 P.M. and after talking to my daughter and son-in-law for 20 minutes, I went upstairs and both ends went into full operation. It was that way until my son-in-law got home from work on Tuesday the 20th about 6:00 P.M. when he took me to the ER - food poisoning. It seems that I had become so dehydrated that my kidneys ceased to function. I spent 4 days in the hospital and was released late Friday evening. We returned home the following Monday and after a days rest, I began to try to contact the Wendy's in Manning. They don't answer their phone so on August 6th, I sent an e-mail to Wendy's parent company. No response, so on August 12th I called. Yesterday, August 13th, I received a call from the district manager who said he was sorry I got sick but his employees eat the chili and no one else complained...in other words "too bad"...and that was the end of our phone conversation. Don't know whether I will pursue this through litigation or not but I can certainly say that I won't be ordering the Baja Salad at Wendy's again...probably won't be ordering anything at Wendy's again...

Sincerely,