Verizon Wireless - Verizon Multiple Billing & No Record Of It

Posted on Tuesday, August 10th, 2010 at 2:20pm CDT by 5c42260c

Product: Verizon Pay-As-You-Go

Company: Verizon Wireless

URL: http://www.verizonwireless.com/

I have a Verizon Pay-As-You-Go cell phone. My balance was low last night, so I decided to add $30 to my account.

I can add money using stored account information via the phone, that's how I've always done it. There was an error during the call and it told me to try again later.

I did. Same problem. So this morning I look at my bank account, I have been charged $30 plus a $1.88 service/tax charge, twice. But I still have no money added to my phone.

I call Verizon customer service, they tell me it's something the bank will have to reverse.

I call PNC bank, they tell me transaction authorization codes were issued to Verizon at the time of the transaction and it's up to Verizon to reverse the multiple charges.

I call Verizon back. I got the same story. I have to have the bank reverse it. So I asked for a supervisor, Crystal. Of course, no one gives last names. She was incredibly rude and condescending, and acted as if I was a child who had done something wrong.

I asked to speak to her supervisor, she said she was as far as I'm getting, and she won't connect me. When I asked for the contact information of the person she reported to, she actually hung up on me.

I am now stuck with two charges for $31.88 totaling $63.76 and still only have a $1.45 balance on my (now useless) cell phone.