Aveda Institute & Academy Toronto - Beware Aveda Toronto Gift Cards

Company: Aveda Institute & Academy Toronto

Location: 125 King St East
Toronto, ON, M6P 3K9, CA

URL: http://www.aveda-institutetoronto.com/

I had a hair cut today at the Aveda Institue with an advanced student and also bought a blusher. My bill came up to $67.83. I presented the cashier with a $25 gift card which was part of a Xmas package I bought at the same Aveda Institute in Dec 2009. The cashier refused saying that the $25.00 discount was good only for the month of January.

I complained but did not get any satisfaction, other than a phone number to call one of the salon's directors- which I did immediately. I have not heard back yet.

My complaint is as follows: I feel as if I have been cheated and duped because:

1. there is no expiry date on the gift card. The only disclaimer on it is "Valid from january 01 2010 for salon services only. Taxes and gratuities not included."

There is nothing on the card, front or back that says that it is only valid for January 2010.

2. The cashier maintained that we would have been told at the time of purchase in December 2009 that the card was only good for January 2010. That is untrue because had I been told that, i would not have bought the Xmas package in the first place as I knew I was going to be out of the country for 6 weeks, including the entire month of January 2010, and was in fact leaving the weekend of the purchase.

I feel I have been cheated on both counts. I have been a great supporter of Aveda in the US and Canada and a fan of the mission of its original founder, Horst Rechelbacher. But this episode has left a poor and bad taste in my mouth. Be aware of Aveda offering gifts!