Kenmore Refrigerator Fire

Posted on Tuesday, April 6th, 2010 at 11:05am CDT by b6ad7731

Product: Kenmore Side By Side Model No.: 106.533343

Company: Not Available

Location: NU

My Kenmore Side by Side refrigerator burst into flames in the middle of the night last night. The kitchen is below my 4 year old son's bedroom. Luckily no one was hurt. I would be glad to participate in any class action lawsuit.

24d37ff2, 2010-05-27, 06:07PM CDT

The exact same thing happened to my Kenmore Side by Side refrigerator!! On May 24, 2010 that morning I began to smell "burnt plastic". There was smoke coming from my kitchen and began unplugging all my appliances. I then heard a crackling noise and saw smoke coming from under my refrigerator. I ran out of the house with my 3 yr old and called 911.

I am disgusted at the response I have received from Sears. They basically said they could send out a tech for a $70 fee or 10% discount on a new fridge!! I threw a fit and asked for their HQ ph# and the manager on duty said she did not have one. I asked her to send me a tech at no cost and she said she couldn't do that. She offered to give me a $50 discount on the service call. This is outrageous!!

I am luck my house did not catch on fire. This is a very serious issue and Sears is not acting quick enough.

I will never do business with Sears again.

I also would like to participate in any class action lawsuit.

3205d50a, 2011-03-18, 10:20PM CDT

Same thing happened to me. We came home with our first floor full of smoke and terrible odor. We called 911. Ultimately, fire dept didn't know the cause of the smell and smoke that filled my first floor. My electrician and i continued to look and when we pulled the fridge away from the wall, we noticed the bottome of the wall was black like from fire. We then pulled the cardboard backing off to find burnt plastic, and small FLAMES by the relay and compressor.