Comcast Cable - Comcase Billing : Marketing Trick

Posted on Wednesday, September 9th, 2009 at 12:52pm CDT by 5f671f5a

Company: Comcast Cable

Location: 3251 Players Club Pkwy
Memphis, TN, 38125, US

I have been a Comcast customer for quite a few years. I have been with their High Speed Internet service and paying a standard rate of $45.95/month. In March 2009, I got a call from the Comcast sales representatives to try their comcast cable television for $24.99/month for 6 months and if I did not like it, I could cancel it at NO OBLIGATION.Before the end of 6 months on Sept 8,2009 I got the cable televsion cancelled with the intention to continue with my high speed internet as it was before.Now comcast is demanding that I am on a new rate plan since I have only a single line of service (unlike multiple services) and they will charge me $59.95/month for high speed internet. If they had mentioned this to me before, I would not have tried their cable television.I see it more like a MARKETING SCAM to lure old customers to try new products and then put them on a new rate plan and increase their rates. Please help me revert back to the old rate plan of $45.95/month for high speed internet.