Cricket Wireless - Cricket Broadband SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 8th, 2009 at 11:29am CDT by 613b3f6e

Product: Cricket Broadband

Company: Cricket Wireless

URL: http://MyCricket.com/

I have been a customer of Cricket wireless broadband for 4 months and it has been a consistent problem. I have tried to speak with someone from their customer service department on multiple occasions. If there isn't a communication problem because of their thick accents, then they have no resources to help resolve your problems. Their stores have different classifications that you are not made aware of until there's a problem. Some are dealers, some are "full service" dealers, etc.

b240d88e, 2010-01-27, 02:51PM CST

I agree. They "escalated" my problem, which means swept it under the rug. I have been promised a call back from their service dept., I believe they call it tier 2, many times, yet they do not respond. Each time you call, you will have to convince yet another person of your problem. Days and days of frustrated waiting! I talked to a Cricket employee today who admitted that she had never heard of a single case of someone being called back. I've been a sucker for trusting my business to them!

b240d88e, 2010-01-27, 06:39PM CST

Update: I just had it out with a supervisor of one of their call centers and he admitted that others at the call centers regularly lie to customers in order to get them off of the phone. They know that you could call back repeatedly and never get the same rep. There is no accountability, and are no ethics. God help you if you have a real problem......

4524588b, 2010-04-06, 03:25AM CDT

Yes, Cricket does EVERYTHING second rate. The phone service is ok at best.. the internet is a laughingstock... (if you've got alot of time on your hands for every--------------single---------bit-----------of---------------information to come in like that it's fine though. The customer service is unwilling, unqualified, and uncapable of doing anyone, any service whatsoever. Also, When will Americans do something about having to give their CC#, address, social, birthdate, their favorite actor, pets name, and basically all of our financial information to people in foreign countries just to check the balance of an accounts.

f84a28ae, 2010-08-29, 07:15PM CDT

Cricket it THE WORST service in the world. I suggest anyone that has Cricket Broadband call and get a FULL REFUND from the first day you paid. I am in Salt Lake City and I should get at least 700k speeds. I get 25k to 80k. THAT IS TERRIBLE. Cricket Broadband sucks. I hate Cricket Broadband. I will never use Cricket again for anything. When I try to call the local store, or the local corporate store, they NEVER answer and when I go there and ask why they don't answer thay say they are too busy to get the phones. I intend to go to the corporate office in SLC on Monday and demand a full refund.

f84a28ae, 2010-08-31, 08:55PM CDT

73b5b1b9, 2011-02-02, 05:00PM CST

I completely understand where you are coming from! I have had cricket for one month. In the store they told me the speeds would be between 400 and 700. I get it home and set it up and it is running at 100. Go to get on later in the evening, 8pm, and download a game. It tells me that the download time is 24 hours for a 50MB game! Seriously, 24 hours? So I figured that it would pick up later in the night. I leave it running and go to bed. The next morning still have 14 hours left till download completes. I went back to the store to complain and return it. The associate told me that I could return it but I wouldnt get any of my money back. Nonrefundable. This company is a complete ripoff. I will never use cricket for anything again.

117c44a5, 2011-02-04, 06:10PM CST

I totally agree with all of you. I recently got internet service with them via, USB connection. It is a shame! For one thing it is good with loading simple pages but anything with multimedia takes FOREVER and the bufferings on videos that I have watched before are much worse when using the Cricket wireless! I find it very sad that my relying on local wireless (free) is my option if I want fast service. It has been a year since all of your complaints and STILL no change! What is up with that?

ad3f70aa, 2011-03-21, 09:21AM CDT

Had my Cricket Broadband account suspended without notifying me. Recieved an e-mail notifiying me that my Visa card was soon expiring and i needed to update it with new card. I calle Cricket Tech. support and the agent told me he could not update my expiration date due to the fact that i had to have automatic payment withdrawal setup. I told him i DID..! That the amount was taken every 15th of every month. He still argued with me about not being able to update my credit card information.!!!! I then tried to make a payment of $41.00 on the My Cricket website but it would not process my payment due to a white screen appearing on the website after i put my payment amount in..! Then tried to call Tech Support and could never get hold of a "live" agent to fix my problem. The Tech Support website is the WORSE..! If you don't tell the automated voice response exactly what you need, the recorded message will say try again later and then "Disconnect" You...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

70ba8ebc, 2011-03-24, 10:09AM CDT

I WILL NEVER EVER GET CRICKET BROADBAND AGAIN I HAD IT FOR A MONTH AND A HALF...THEY SHOULD ACTUALLY TELL U THAT IT IS NOT UNLIMITED COMPUTER TIME THEY DIDNT EVEN TELL ME I WAS PAYING $70 A MONTH AND I STILL HAVE 8 DAYS LEFT I CANNOT GET ON COMPUTER AT ALL AND THEN WHEN I CALL TO TALK SO SOMEONE ABOUT THIS THEY HUNG UP ON ME IT IS THE WORST THING OUT THERE..AND THE PERSON ON THE PHONE TOLD ME THAT IF I PAY ADDITIONAL 5 DOLLARS ICAN GET IT FOR THE REMAINING 8 DAYS...I TOLD HIM TO PUT THE REST OF THE USAGE UP HIS SORRY ASS...I HATE THOSE EXTRA FEES....AGAIN CRICKET BROADBAND SUCKS...THATS y i know ppl who have clear any they love it u can download any thing and any amount u can stay on it 24 hours they said and no ADDITIONAL FEES ...THATS HOW THEY RIP ALL OF US OFF.....When i did contact costomer service he had the nerve to tell me it was maybe my computer i told himTHAT IT IS A NEW LAPTOP FROM DELL JUST GOT IT B4 I GOT THIS STUPID SERVICE..I WILL NEVER BUY NOTHING FROM CRICKET NOT EVEN THEIR 3G PHONE.....

87a414e0, 2011-05-06, 08:21AM CDT

I have had this shit ass broadband for months and it is the worst, dial up is faster most of the time. Do not get this, also everytime I call and complain they upgrade me and it works for about three weeks and goes to super slow again. I think they upgade it and knock it back down again a few weeks later. This company is FULL OF SCUM FUCKS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crosswave w., 2012-08-28, 11:39AM CDT

Terrible broadband service.

Your device will work okay for a few days, watch a few videos on youtube & download a few small files & your 4 GB of data is gone for the month , even 8GB would only last a week.

Poor value for money,

complete rip off .

Waste of time & energy.

6db68f23, 2013-01-02, 04:46PM CST

Broadband my ass!

My OLD aol connection was faster than this and it was dial up!

Now I know why my Brother got rid of it and I will too.

pissed off rick g., 2014-08-10, 01:35AM CDT

6 plus years ive been with cricket...since they were very 'young'....i HATE there 'non customer service'....try and get one of those a-holes on the phone, you cant understand them, 'if' u get one!!! i cant use but 'one' site at a time on my 'android phone hotspot', if im on yahoo(my home page) and say, wanta check my facebook, when i click on it...."bam..."INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT ....bla..bla"...its a job trying to watch a youtube vid too...forget it,,it takes 1 hr to watch a 3 minute vid...it really sucks. but when they 'talked' me into a new android phone, they said;..'oh you can use 2 or more devices at one time..with your 'hotspot....bla..bla..".....yeah right. im lucky to use 'one'~!!!