At The Beach - Cancelation policy

Company: At The Beach

Location: 555 broadway
Denver, CO, 80203, US

URL: http://www.atbtanning.com/

I have been a member at At The Beach for almost a year now. Up until this afternoon I have always spoken highly of my experience. Today I tried to cancel my membership for two reasons. One I am on a photosynthesizing medication and can no longer use the services of the company. Two I am moving to a state where there is no at the beach and see no need to continue paying for an unused service. I was told it would be $75 for relocation cancellation with a new photo id with my new address in addition to 3 pieces of mail. I am only temporarily moving and have no desire to change from my permanent address. Since I could not meet these requirements it would be $357.18 to just cancel. There is no way around these payments and in today's economy these requirements are absurd. I am sure the CEO of this company makes plenty of money and does not need to charge such a steep fee to cancel a membership. He/she has many other customers paying them on a monthly basis. I used to be a member at Planet Beach and never had a hard time dealing with payments and cancellations. I would discourage anyone from signing a contract with this company. When I signed to agreement no one explained the cancellation policy or the requirements I needed to fill. Why can't you give a company money for the services used and not have to be penalized for no longer using their services? I feel as though I have been ripped off and scammed by a well to do company. On top of all these problems when I called the corporate office today the mailbox was full and I was disconnected. When I called the 1-800 # the manager would not speak to me and I asked for a return phone call. Needless to say I never got the return phone call.

161f37e7, 2012-04-23, 09:29AM CDT

I just called the 800 number, within the 24 hour cancellation period, to modify my membership. Found out I have to send a cancellation letter by certified mail. What a silly practice. I will send the letter today and I will find another tanning salon that offers the Versa Spray Tan - it is not exclusive to At the Beach.

I was previously a member of Planet Beach and they would have modified my membership on the spot. It is a matter of principle not to do business with companies like this.