Hot Wire - Rental canceling

Company: Hot Wire

Location: San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, Ca, 94121, US

URL: http://hotwire.com/

I had to cancel on a car rental with Hot Wire due to change in flights.

I purchased trip insurance that was offered by Hot Wire trip insurance agent.

The next flight offered was beyond the reason for my trip a funeral.

The airline Continental refunded the ticket and Access America, Jeff HymanVice President of Travel Operations was very understanding and refunded the charge.

I had even got the car rental company Budget, Ms White at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) pulled the rental.

When I had contacted Hot Wire with everyone involved assisting me and agreeing to accommodate me PLUS Budget canceling the reservation of which Hot Wire said they would help me if Budget agreed to cancel the rental.

Well I was told by Hot Wire even though Budget did cancel the contract, but they were not able to refund since Hot Wire were the booking agent and it was their account that the money would come from.

This seems very unfair and would advise anyone in making reservations stay VERY far away from HOT WIRE...they are only interested in making money ANY WAY THEY CAN.

Once they have your money you will NEVER be able to see it again NO matter what happens with your travel plans.

All you will be able to get from them (HOT WIRE) is they are handlers and any problems you could have it is up to you talk to the company that offers your flight, accommodations or rental.