Malaysian Airlines Complaint Kansai Airport

Posted on Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 at 4:48am CDT by 50bcef39

Company: Not Available

Location: JP

The MAS Kansai International Airport check-in ground staff of M. Nakai "Station Manager" (The title he has given himself) , Y. Kobayashi, and Y. Kano "Chief" (The title she calls herself) were arrogant, rude, callous, hopeless at communicating in English, and completely insensitive to my 73 year old mother, who is a frail pensioner, and has been weakened as a result of cancer treatment. These 3 robots, for they are not sentient human beings, said she must either pay 45,000 Japanese yen in excess baggage or remove stuff from her check in luggage. They gave her no leeway from the allowable 25 kg's of check in luggage, and forced her to lug 7.5 extra kilos in hand baggage because she couldn't afford to pay. My mother rarely travels, the last time was quite a few years ago, and will probably not want to fly again after this shocking experience. Personally, I am outraged at these MAS "androids" who were constantly smiling at my mother's discomfort, even after I explained her situation. Why didn't the MAS staff exercise a bit of common sense and discretion because of her age, and lack of recent flight experience? Finally, I would like to state that the extra 7.5 kg of hand baggage made her exceed her hand baggage weight limit as well, so they achieved nothing. September 23, 2009.