Chocolate Bakery - no delivery, and no refund

Location: P.O. Box 214224
Sacramento, CA, 95821, US

URL: http://www.chocolatebakery.com/

RE: CHOCOLATE BAKERY order number 12028

These people are unprofessional and now I wonder if they are in trouble monetarily because they do not respond to me and have not notified me of any refund.

THEY NEVER sent the Chocolate Downpour cake I ordered sent to my dad at his nursing home in Oregon - which was supposed to arrive on his birthday Aug 28 -

even though I ordered it well in advance.

AND they never called or emailed me to say they had not sent it -

We had to call them to find out where it was -

and no credit has shown up on my bank account.

I ASKED THEM TO PLEASE ISSUE A COMPLETE REFUND TO MY CARD BUT THEY HAVE NOT - AND IT'S BEEN WEEKS since it was supposed to be delivered.

It is ridiculous that for $118.92 for ONE cake, they can't give us some courtesy. I am furious. WHY DON'T THEY RESPOND by phone, or email, or letter?

My poor 87-year old dad, is in a nursing home after brain surgery - and they could not even communicate with us about their inability to fulfill our order on time. I'm lucky the staff at the nursing home are caring and responsive. They went to a local grocery store and bought a $10 chocolate cake.

I understand that with any company sometimes an error may occur and they might not get something shipped, but they should refund my money immediately and respond to my inquiries - and apologize.

If they are in the "birthday business" they should realize that delivery on time is important. And not even shipping the cake AT ALL is unpardonable. If they believe they are not in error, why don't they respond?

Patricia Brandt

San Francisco

761750d9, 2009-09-15, 04:33PM CDT

Hi Amanda - I understand that you were a new employee at the time, and that my order somehow slipped through your system. However, at 5pm on the day of my dad's birthday, when your manager discovered the cake had never been sent - the wrong response on his part was to remain silent and try to ship the cake a day or two late. The birthday was OVER. What he should have done was contact me to explain, and refund my money. I would have understood. And I still have not received an email confirmation with the details & amount of the refund.

It was also wrong never to refund my money after not sending the cake, and not to respond to me until after I posted a comment on Complaints.com.

You may have a good product, but you need to install some basic systems/procedures: like checking on order delivery dates, issuing timely refunds, issuing automatic email confirmations of errors or refunds, and a standard email apology note when something happens to go wrong. Many companies issue a little bonus coupon if they have made an error to get a customer to try them again. Maybe you can help set up those procedures for the future. Thanks.