Affordable Tours - Affordable tours

Company: Affordable Tours

Location: 11150 Cash Road Stafford, TX 77477
Stafford, TX, 77477, US

URL: http://www.affordabletours.com/

My husband and I booked an Alaskan cruise through Affordable tours.com. On August 14 my husband found when checking the Holland America website that our tour booking had been cancelled, we had not heard anything from Affordable, so he contacted the agent A.G.

The agent advised that while she had taken our credit card information on July 18 she neglected to make the payment to Holland America.

In a conversation with this agent my husband was advised that we could be put on a cancellation list with H. A. if we wanted to do so, but it would cost somewhere between $100 to $150 - Affordable tours would not automatically do this for us and pay the cost, " but you can if you want to".

Affordable tours made no attempt to secure another booking for us, they advised that all cruises were fully booked - more than a month before we were to sail. They obviously felt that there would be no cancellations in that time ! something I find incredible and know to be a fallacy.

The eventual resolution offered was "I sent Mr. R. a letter on August 17 apologizing for the situation and offering that if he books with us again, we will sell him his next cruise at cost -- 100% commission discount".

Who are they kidding? Given this total disregard for the inconvienience and disappointment they caused we would be idiots to ever book with them again.

We have registered a complaint with the BBB of which they are members, their response remains unchanged from August 17, they feel that no other resolution is required.

1bce356b, 2010-04-22, 06:01PM CDT

I have been a customer of Affordabletourscom for about 3 years booking at least 2 cruises.

The last one was a Royal Caribbean Ocean Cruise to the Mediterranean in July of 2009. We spent 10 days and it was the most fun yet. We used our shipboard credit that was given to use by affordable tours on ther casino specialty meanls and on shore excursions.

When we where looking for a company to use it was one of the last ones we came across and I am glad we did. At first we were worried because of some of the reviews we have read on some other review sites had been about 50/50 and but we decided to see for ourselves.

But I find the information on this review site much more honest and alot more specific. I wish I had come upon it sooner it would have helped me in other purchases I have made. I believe Affordable tours is a great company to use, and I will continue to use them for my travel aganet needs.

ac38cac2, 2010-04-24, 01:04PM CDT

I am in no way trying to say that this incident didnt happen I just want to share my experience I had with affordabletours.com. I used them on two different occations in the past 18 months I sailed along the coast of Baja California and I am gong in August of this year to the Caribben. I have encountered only the nicest of people when I have emailed or called in to affordable tours. Each time i have given a price and a destination and they have overly exceded all expectations with free champagne and ship credit. I use them because my wife read a couple reviews and they came backl mostly good we gave them a shot and now we call them when we want any kind of vacation. I will continue to use them and I plan on continuing to recieve the best service and attention as they give everytime.

866af8b5, 2010-04-26, 10:05PM CDT

I am a satisfied customer of Affordabletours.com. I have just returned from my Jewels of Slovenia and Croatia tour it was 9 days and I got it at great price and enjoyed every aspect of the tour. I visited Zagreb Sarajevo, Zadar and Dubrovnik and learned a lot about Eastern Europe and all the cultures. I wouldnt have been able to take my dream vacation if it wasnt for affordable tours. I search and search different sites and read at least 85 reviews on different tour operators and different travel agencies until I found this company. I found the same tour I wanted on different sites but it was cheaper than the rest and I wondered why so I called and found out they discount THEIR own commission and that is how they are able to beat most prices. I booked right away they were very friendly and I was grateful for their patience because Im not the easiest person to handle over the phone. I think this will be a long standing relationship between us.

f5d90e78, 2010-04-27, 10:34PM CDT

b4e19b64, 2010-04-28, 08:31AM CDT

I have never traveled outside the US until last summer. I went on a family vacation to the Caribbean with my Dad, Mom and younger sister. Since my parents are computer illiterate they had me take care of all the research and booking of the cruise. They gave me parameters of course, how much, when, and the where everything else was up to me. SO first thing I did was look for a cruise line or travel agency to use for our trip. I found a online travel agency that guaranteed the lowest price, it was Affordabletours.com. Now i'm not a DUMB shopper I wanted to find out if it was a legit company so I checked the BBB it was good then I typed "Affordabletours Reviews" in bing so I can see what consumers say and most was good so I went ahead and did an online quote. It matched all of my parents needs and wants so I booked it and we even got $100 shipboard credit per cabin so that was another big reason I chose them. All in all it was a great trip and I'm glad I used affordable tours.

b4e19b64, 2010-04-28, 09:04AM CDT

6d78138b, 2010-04-29, 08:44AM CDT

One thing I have learned and applied to life is DOnt believe everything you read and dont believe anything you hear. I know that sounds bad but if you apply that to most situations you will see how decisions are a lot easier. That doesnt mean I dont read reviews because I do I just take it with a grain of salt.

Saying all that leads me to the reason I wanted to write a post I have used Affordabletours.com on 2 occasions. I used them for a river cruise in France and it seemed like I paid a lot for the trip and I wasnt sure if I got the best price so my next trip I used another company and 3 days into the vacation I realized I DID get the best price using affordable tours. But you live and you learn.

I honestly believe ALL companies are in it to make money (of course) but every once in a while you find a company that has a perfect medium like in the Native American culture dont take more than you need or you wont have any for later. I think that they make there money but they dont over charge because they value there customers and I really appreciated that fact. This is a great place to do business with.

3b3d2e1f, 2010-04-30, 11:12AM CDT

In my eyes tacking a vacation is not all fun and games it is a big investment. Of course you wont get monetary returns but what you do get (hopefully) is great memories that will last a lifetime. So when I take a cruise I make sure I have all my Is dotted and Ts crossed to ensure that my family and I have the best possible trip and the most fun.

Saying that it should tell you that when I chose my travel agency I take the time to read reviews, check the Better Business Bureau, and call around to get a general idea of what kind of company I am going to bed with. All of that lead me to Affordabletours.com. When I first saw them it was the low prices that got my attention and the great, speedy service that kept me around. I put in a request for a cruise and they got back to me in a little under 24 hours which no other quote I submitted came back in close to that time. Then once I chose to book with them everything went so easy I was kid of worried because I thought it would be a hassle dealing with a travel agency, but with affordable tours we encountered no such thing.

Our vacation was great everyone had a great time and we are all ready to go on another cruise or maybe a tour this time. I call that a good investment

0c415642, 2010-05-02, 06:24PM CDT

I have used Affordable TOURS a couple times in the past 4 years and i have to say I havent had any issues while conducting business with them. I have only encountered great service and better prices.

I thought when i booked my second cruise with affordabletours.com that i was going to have a serious problem, my father passed away 3 weeks before my cruise and i was in no shape to take a cruise but Janet my travel agent was able to get us our money back and we boked our cruise the next year. I dont know if that was normal but i am glad she was able to do it for us.

I base my decisons on my experiences I am willing to make a mistake to learn a valuable lesson. I sometimes read reviews to get a feel for some companies but i dont base my entire decision on them. I will use affordable in the future because i believe they are the best around.

2355595b, 2010-05-03, 02:27PM CDT

I have learned in all my years of traveling that when you find something or someone good and trustworthy you need to keep that relationship as long as possible. I believe I have that relationship with Affordabletours.com. I have been using them for almost 9 years and I have yet to have a problem or issue that they didnt work to fix as fast as possible. I have never had a time that I called or emailed and never heard back. I dont usually read reviews or write them for that matter but when you have something good happen to you and you are treated as well as they treat me and my family then its your obligation to tell people about that. I will always be a customer of Affordable Tours.

1286f4b0, 2010-05-04, 02:14PM CDT

Seven years ago a nervous groom to be was frantically searching the internet trying to find a place to book an inexpensive cruise for his honeymoon. He wanted it to be a spectacular experience for his intended and felt like he was under a lot of pressure. Finding Affordabletours.com was a godsend to him. Calling them up he spoke with a lady named Marilyn. Helping to plan an awesome vacation was her job and she did it well. Marilyn went out of her way to go over details and make sure that everything was in order.

On the day of departure the couple was frantically making sure they had everything, paper tickets, passports and of course, Affordabletours.coms phone number. The trip went smooth and a few days after the couple arrived home, they received a card in the mail. Congratulations and hope that your honeymoon cruise was spectacular was written by hand. Simple touch but it was enough to forever seal.

Now, seven years and three kids later, the growing family continues to call upon their trusted agent at Affordabletours.com to book their family vacations. Disney cruises to the Caribbean, an Alaskan cruise and this coming September, New England and Canada cruise. Kids can grow up seeing more of the world for less with the services provided at Affordabletours.com. Thanks Marilyn.

This story may sound corny but it is absolutely true, for the nervous groom was I.

63f1cd34, 2010-05-10, 09:19AM CDT

Affordabletours.com is the place I use to book all my cruises and the place I suggest to all my family and friends. I am a retired army vet of 16 years and I dont have time to be jerked around and I dont have the money to let some company take me everything I have. When I call in to Affordable tours I tell them what I want and where I want to go and how much I plan to spend, they give me my option and one thing that I really appreciate is they give me military rates. I know any travel agent probably can do that but with them I never have to tell them they always ask me if I am military and little things like that are what make me happy.

e9fb21cc, 2010-05-08, 01:24PM CDT

We are back after a marvelous trip to Mexico (Mexico Colonial Jewels) with Colette Vacations. We appreciate this tour very much. I was a bit afraid to buy a tour with an internet company and especially from a company (Affordable tours office is located in Texas) outside of Canada, but we were pleasantly surprised. Every thing was perfect during the tour. When we arrived at the Presidente Intercontinental hotel in Mexico City, the tour manager had reserved a room for us and everything was correct. We are going to use Affordable tours again.

63f1cd34, 2010-05-10, 10:27AM CDT

bdd59d34, 2010-05-16, 01:27PM CDT

Since 2006 I have used affordabletours.com and they have yet to let me down. On every tour and cruise I have taken they have always had the lowest price. They are the kindest and easiest people to talk to and always have time for all my questions. I believe that they are the epitomy of what a travel agency should be. I will copntinue to be loyal to them as I believe they have been loyal to me. Affordable Tours is a great reliable company.

17bee215, 2010-06-07, 10:38AM CDT

The only time I write these review things is when I think I have gotten great service or very bad service. In the case pf Affordabletours I received excellent service. I believe that this is a premiere travel agency and they do things the right way. I used Affordable Tours 2 times in the past 5 years and both times (even though it was 2 different travel agents) I was treated with respect and I felt like my business mattered to them. They said anytime I needed anything I should call and ask and of course everyone says that but they meant it. I called about dinning arrangements, I called about on board credit, I called about boarding times, I called about shore excursions and every time I called they answered or got back to me very quickly. They are an upstanding company in my book.

864be879, 2010-07-15, 11:22AM CDT

I would like to forward the hereunder letter to the AffordableTours president but I can't find a proper address for him/her.

if you have a point of contact and/or E-Mail, I would really appreciate if you would send it tome for further action.

The mesage at issue quotes:

Well, I will start by saying I didn't leave yet for the tour since my departure will initiate in October 2010, therefore, I am not commenting on the service provided on board of the aircraft and for the land arrangements but the hectic of Affordable tours in dealing with projected passengers.

I originated the contact with Affordable about May 2010 via Internet, the first correspondence in and out were rather efficient, I received the documentation as requested and I decided for that tour departing in October.

In order to leave all documentation to one person only, I wanted that the booking for the tour and for the air transportation be kept and controlled by Affordable tours and the first problem arise, namely, I am living in Ottawa and the air transportation booked on my and wife behalf was originating in Toronto ( the city is about 350 miles away).

I called Affordable regarding the air part and the agent rectified the matter to originate in Ottawa.

I receive by E-Mail a preliminary contract in which I am not afraid to say was very complicate and confusing, in particular for people originating in a country outside USA.

I read the contract and send an E-Mail to Affordable Tours for clarifications and assistance since there were several items in the contract not clear or when understandable, I was unable to comply with the request by Internet..No, call or message was received back from Affordable for assistance.

During the moratorium between booking time a deadline for a deposit, I was away in business, my wife was not too familiar with the file and when she called back the Affordable for updating, the agent stated that the deadline for deposit was expired, that the air transportation must be booked again, however and because of that, it will cost me $ 400 surcharge.

I wish to stress that, being Affordable my travel agent, it should have been their duties to call the passengers, in advance of the deadline for the deposit instead of rebooking at a higher cost without consulting the client.

I understand that I cannot make an issue for the above since it was written in the preliminary contract and I was unable to see it, however, in reviewing later on the air transportation, I realized that, in order to go from Ottawa, Canada, to Madrid (Spain), they booked us on an itinerary Ottawa, Frankfurt, Madrid, Frankfurt, Ottawa, and if you are looking at the geography, Frankfurt is more than 800 miles east of Madrid which builds up a 1,600 and more useless miles that are not part of my transportation.

I wrote back to the Affordable agent and she could or would not give me a straight answer, I contacted her supervisor and not only I could not get a straight answer but she was trying to convince me that Frankfurt was part of the itinerary to be flown.

As last resort I wrote a letter to the Affordable Tours president and, of course, no reply was yet received and I am not holding my breath for it.

In conclusion, for your sake of mind and wallet, DONT INTERACT WITH AFFORDABLE TOURS.Unquote

9c459cf3, 2011-01-19, 11:47AM CST

Finding a trip that accomadates children as well as adults is very tricky. Affordabletours.com made it a little easier by separating the family vacations and also adding reviews for each vacation so we know a little about the trip. We found a great Tauck Bridges tour to Sorrento Italy. It was the perfect fit for our family needs. We will continue to use Affordable Tours from here on out!

1bce356b, 2011-04-13, 11:25AM CDT

I have used affordabletours.com company for a couple years now and I have been treated great I have always felt they are honest and they dont try to over sell you add this and add that they just get you what you want at a great price and thats all I can ask for. I never read reviews but I came across this one and I had to write.

122aaaed, 2011-11-12, 12:12PM CST

I have used affordabletours.com for over six years and 13 tours and cruise and I have never ran into a situation like this(maybe im lucky). But i think people should look deeper into I dont think this situation was a travel agent issue maybe it was with Holland america. I dont know the situation exactly so I cant analyse it. But for me I will never use another travel agency. They give me immediate response to all my questions and they helped with visa's and passports for all of my trips. SO for me Affordable tours is the ONLY agency.