First National Bank/ First Convenience Bank - Overcharged, Mis-charged, harassed and ripped off.

Posted on Wednesday, October 7th, 2009 at 4:32pm CDT by e57895b2

Product: Power Chacking Account.

Company: First National Bank/ First Convenience Bank

Location: P.O. BOX 937
KILLEEN, TX, 76540, US

Category: Business, Finances

Let me start by stating that I've been banking for 23 years. I've had more trouble with this bank than any other bank I've been with in 23 years. Every payday I have to call them. It all started when I first opened my Acct. I cashed a check and deposited half of it. I used my card the next day to make an online payment which they charged me a fee of 34.95 for overdraft because they had failed to post it to my acct. I had to call and have them remove the charge which they did. Then I'm supposed to have a $200 overdraft, when I went over the amount available by $86 they called me all day long from an unavailable #, never left a message and continued to call all day for several days until I finally called the number back. When returning the call I sat on hold for 25 min waiting, not knowing who it was I called because the number doesn't tell you. This has happened twice in the 3 mo. I've been with them. Finally I get to talk to someone and they inform me that I'm over-drafted, I asked why they couldn't just leave a message and they told me because it done by computer and they have no control of it. Then I get charged an acct. handling fee of $11 something because I've not used the ATM card I have not received yet 5 times in that month. THE LAST STRAW- I use my debit card to make a $200 payment on my cell bill, keep in mind I have a $200 overdraft. I get a letter in the mail stating they have charged me $69.94 in handling fees for paying a $41.75 ATM withdrawal on 09/30/09, my current balance is $183 something. Then another 34.95 for the $200 payment made to my cell phone which didn't go through until 10/02/09. Now they tell me the fees are because the $200 was pending and not available. Now my question is if the $200 was pending and not available why did the ATM say my available balance was $183 and let me withdraw the $41.75? Not to mention the $200 overdraft which my acct is currently over $124 which would truly only be over drafted $57 if they had only charged me for what was truly NSF which was the $200 that went through on 10/02/09. This banking institution SUCKS and I have since closed my Account and moved my funds to a much more pleasant bank, NATIONAL BANK. If you're considering this bank for any reason, I RECOMMEND YOU DON'T, you'll just be having your money stolen from you.

Janet G., 2013-10-01, 09:38PM CDT

I'm having a similar problem. This is the worst bank. It is advertising free checking and it is in Walmart and Kroger. I recently moved to a very large suburb and didn't think I'd have any problems banking. First, I went to deposit a check and there was no bank branch in the neighborhood Walmart or Kroger that I went to. There wasn't even an ATM to deposit the money. I finally ended up driving to a large Walmart only to find another bank in it. I did a search on the internet last Saturday to get my deposits made as I received an overdraft notice. I went to the location but the Walmart employees had closed the store due to electrical/computer problems. I drove all the way back over there today only to be told by the teller that I have a $34 NSF even though I have overdraft protection and was charged $2.95 every day that I have been trying to make my deposit. I then called customer service and explained I to them but they refused to reduce their charges. I said to close the account and they said 'No, it will stay open for 60 days and continue charging you" This bank had no interest in stopping the bleeding and just want to run up fees on an account holder!