GE - GE MAKES FAULTY PRODUCTS

Posted on Thursday, October 22nd, 2009 at 1:11pm CDT by 323fbb9e

Product: GE Washer, Model # WSSH300GWW

Company: GE

URL: http://www.geappliances.com/

I had a service call today during which it was discovered that the control panel on our GE washer was faulty. The serviceman was very helpful, and replaced the part at no cost. However, I was charged $190 for the labor, even after speaking with a supervisor. I feel very strongly that I should not have been charged for labor. If the part was not faulty, I would not have had to arrange a service call. This appliance is less than 3 years old. I purchased a GE product based on their reputation and products. I am now severely dissolusioned about GE, and will never purchase another GE product for my home. In addition, I will tell anyone and everyone with whom I come in contact that GE products are faulty, and the company DOES NOT stand behind the products that they manufacture. This whole situation could have been very easily remedied if, in fact, the company were to stand behind their products and admit faulty workmanship. In addition to the problem with the control panel, in just over one year, the door panel, which is made of plastic, broke in half. I was informed by the serviceman, that the part is over $200 and the labor would most likely be $200 as well. How convenient that there is only a one year warranty on their products. Is this the kind of product they produce? As I am learning, GE products are manufactured for planned obsolescence, and I feel it is a shame.The GE company as a whole is a disgrace.