Westlake Financial Services - Double dipping on interst

Company: Westlake Financial Services

Location: P.O. Box 54807
Los Angelas, Ca, 90054-0807, US

URL: http://www.westlakefinancial.com/

I had an auto loan For a 2008 Chevy Aveo 5. We had automatic payments set up with them. We had no problems till the car became a total loss in an accident. The insurance company settled with full payment to Westlake. A ten day hold was put on the account till all paperwork was signed. Westlake agreed to these terms and took ten days interest added to the total owed. Three days after the agreement was in place Westlake automatically took the next car payment from my checking account. Which was $338.87. This date was 9-20-09. They received their payment in full from the insurance company 2 weeks ago and they are only going to refund me $265.47. They claim that that is the interest owed even though they are being paid interest by the insurance company.

It takes over 30 days to receive my refund even though it is not the correct amount. They will not pay me interest even though they hold onto my money they had no right to. I could be collecting interest if this money was in my savings account.

I believe they out right stole this money from me and there is no way to prosecute a company. They would not even accept the phone number to my attorney.