Avis - Avis Broken car without legal documents

Posted on Thursday, October 22nd, 2009 at 6:28am CDT by 6b4c8910

Product: Avis Rent-a-car

Company: Avis

Location: CH

2 weeks ago we rented a car from Avis through traveljigsaw with conf number 135527205 with no legal docs in, signages not working at all and a warning is always on on the screen. And we could not come back bec we rented the car from Geneve airport and immediately went to the highway to Paris. The renting period was 24 hours but we gave it back in 6 hours as soon as we arrived in Paris. So we paid for a service not taken, even taken badly bec they put our lives in risk and caused us to travel with a car with no legal docs though they said they were in the car during rental. I sent a complaint to Avis but the reply is we are sorry. I demanded my money back but Avis does not even care about it. This is the ref of our case opened to Avis: RA# : E470989304 with reservation number 41244769GB6.

Think once more while you are renting a car from Avis next time...

1b6fa143, 2010-12-10, 10:22AM CST

I' ve just dealt with this company Traveljigsaw) and my complaint was about a rep being 1.5 hours late at car hire desk when an aiport was closing, there answer was arrogant,condescending and not of any use, quoting to me the T&C and tellling me I did not warrant a refund of my costs. I was not asking for this Poor very poor customer service and without annoying my european allies on here the response came from a company in Germany when the company is based in Manchester UK.DOH!