Sears Canada - Sears Protection Agreement

Company: Sears Canada

Location: Customer Support Centre, 3075 Timmins
Montreal, QC, H4R 1Y3, CA

URL: http://sears.ca/

We purchased a JennAir stove and Protection Agreement from Sears. In June 2009 we had a problem with the touch panel, a service technician came out, identified the problem and ordered a replacement part. So far so good. When the part hadn't arrived by August we followed up - the part was on it's way. Two weeks later we followed up again - the part would arrive in September.

By October I'm getting frustrated! October 10 I call Customer Service - the part is unavailable, I will get a call in 24 to 48 hours offering to buy back the appliance

October 14 - No one has called. I call Customer Service - the repair department needs to sign off that the stove is not repairable, I will get a call in 24 to 48 hours, and no, there is no supervisor I can speak to. All CSRs are their own supervisor.

October 15 - No one has called. I call Customer Service - the stove will be repaired on November 20th 'guaranteed'. When I mention that this is a long time to wait the CSR reads the file a bit further and then tells me that they will call to offer me a buy back within 24 to 48 hours. Yes there is a supervisor, a Mr Walter. The CSR will put my file on his desk and he will call me back tomorrow.

October 20 - No one has called (surprised?). I call Customer Service (each call to customer service involves 20 to 30 minutes of waiting on hold because of the 'unusually high call volume') - a decision was made this morning to replace the stove. They will call me within 24 to 48 hours. Mr Walter Rossi is on vacation this week and there is no other supervisor I can talk to.

At no point has anyone apologized or attempted to explain why nothing has been done. If you'd like this kind of experience then buy a Sears Protection Agreement.

Oct 21 - Sears called!. Their offer to replace the stove is actually a $264 credit to be used at their store against the purchase of a new stove, if I return the old one. Let me know if you think that I should accept