Vacations Made Easy - Vacations Made Not-So-Easy

Company: Vacations Made Easy

Location: 1675 E. Seminole Suite A-1
Springfield, MO, 65804, US

URL: http://www.vacationsmadeeasy.com/

Despite their easy-to-use website, nothing about these guys is "easy."

My wife and I booked a sailing snorkeling tour from their website for our trip to Cabo. To my surprise, the receipt contained no information whatsoever about where the tour would take place, the name of the local tour company, or even the name of the boat. Only a cryptic "11:00 AM." The phone number they provided was for a company in Mexico City where no one spoke any English.

Once we arrived in Cabo, it took our bilingual concierge several days and multiple attempts to reach anybody at that number who knew what was going on, and we found out the location just in time: the local marina, at the boat named Pez Gato.

We arrived at the gate for the boat dock just before 11 AM, but marina security informed us that our boat had already sailed an hour earlier at 10 AM and wouldn't let us through. We were forced to buy another, separate boat trip from another company for a fraction of VME's price, and I'm glad we did because it was the best part of our vacation.

When we returned stateside, we contacted Matt Cook, Operations Manager for Vacations Made Easy, for a refund, but he flat our refused. At that point we turned it over to our credit card company to dispute the charges, along with all our receipts from the other trip we took, thinking we would surely get our money back.

But apparently, all they have to do is claim they provided the service to us without providing any proof. Because of their strict no refund policy, we were screwed from the get-go.

We will never, never, ever use Vacations Made Easy again. I recommend always purchasing vacation activities directly from the hotel concierge at your destination, or from the venue itself.

198883f7, 2010-07-27, 03:56PM CDT

We agree, we will never use VME again.

We booked a room on line in Arizona. We traveled from NC and the room we booked was a dumped. Cancelled, but we can not get a refund. We suggest you call the Attorney Gen. in Springfield Mo. and the BBB. we did.

d233ff65, 2013-07-16, 01:38PM CDT

Didn't receive tickets and was told could have 75% refund......BIG RIP OFF!

On Friday July 12,2013 I purchased tickets to two attractions in Chattanooga,TN. online through Vacations Made Easy. I was surprised to see that I couldn't download the tickets at the point of sale. The site informs me they will Email them to me. My daughter and I are having a date as I am out of town so often. We have planed to go to the Chattanooga Nature center first in the morning then to the Vaudeville Cafe for a dinner show that we had to arrive at by 4:45pm. We live in GA and it is 2 hr drive. At 6:30 am I check to see if my tickets are ready to print (site instructs you must have them) and no tickets. Called the "Hotline" and got recording they were not open and leave mssg. Never any beep and it hung up. Tried calling over and over as the hrs slipped by and we waited to get our fun day started. [continued below]....

Report Attachments:

..... reached someone finally after being now almost 3 hrs late to leave. Still no tickets. She told me she could email me the Nature Center tickets and I could show up at dinner show and they would fax them or something. I asked the rep for clarification on email being sent to me and waited on email. Never received. Waited 45 mins for it and gave up. Went online to both attractions and purchased directly. Got imitate download of tickets. At a lower price! (Even their site says they guarantee lowest price) Tried to call them to cancel multiple times and went to voice mail. I sent an email asking them to cancel and issue me a refund. I received a phone call (In Chattanooga) at almost noon. She said she could not give me a refund and would have a supervisor look into a refund. Argued with me that it was not noon? (I know she is in different time zone but what did that have to do with me?) Got to Nature Center and was told that they had flooding there for last 2 weeks and most of place was closed. Offered me a rain check. No good we are from other sate. Now I have paid 2 times. Never received any tickets. Was told on Tuesday morning I could have 75% of my money back. I didn't receive what I purchased. They have their deceptive responses memorized. My Desired Resolution: I want a full refund. Not 75% I feel an apology is appropriate for taking a big part of our day away and not just doing the right thing.