VODACOM (AND MUNNIK BASSON DAGMA INC) - VODACOM CONTRACT

Posted on Saturday, October 17th, 2009 at 8:50am CDT by 3b989aba

Product: Vodacom Contract South Africa

Company: VODACOM (AND MUNNIK BASSON DAGMA INC)

Location: Munnik Basson Dagma Inc, Private Bag X10098, Randburg 2151
Johannesburg, Tr, 2151, ZA

URL: http://www.mdb.co.za/

I have had a bad experience with taking out a vodacom contract.

1. I signed a contract and due to an oversees trip I defaulted on one payment as there was not sufficient funds in my account for the stop order. A few days later there were funds in the account but Vodacom did not try again. They failed to reach me on my cell phone as I was not in the country. I was not emailed. When I returned to Cape Town three months later I attempted to sort it out and went into vodacom in Cavendish Sqare and was asvissed to pay of the debt and the entire old contract and start a new one. I paid off the old one. I told the vodacom employee that I wanted a new contract for only six months as after that I was leaving to live overseas. He gave me a contract to sign with a telepnone number to phone to inform of my departure a month before I was due to leave. NOWHERE ON THE CONTRACT THAT I SIGNED WAS THERE A TIME CLAUSE LOCKING ME INTO A LONGER TIME PERIOD!

I duely notified Vodacom of my departure. And I was informed that all was in order.

MY CONTRACT WAS NOT CANCELLED. Without my knowledge, as I was absent from South Africa, Vodacom bills kept coming. When I discovered this, I was already being sent letters of demands from their debt collectors. I wrote to the debt collectors to ask for a breakdown of the charges and an explanation. They reffered me to vodacom. I wrote to vodacom, pointing out that I had cancelled the contract and had done so in the manner set out to me by their staff. I asked for an explanation for the additional charging and a breakdown of expenses so that I understood the amount being demanded. Despite numerous back and forth emails, NOBODY WAS ABLE TO GIVE ME AN EXPLANATION FOR WHY I WAS STILL BEING CHARGED AND FOR WHAT I WAS STILL BEING CHARGED. They referred me back to the debt collectors who again reffered me back to the Vodacom office and we continued to go around in circles with no information forthcoming. Now I am still receiving letters of demand. The latest one is from Munnik Basson Dagma INC Attorneys with a demand for a payment of R1117.22 and the threat that if I do not pay it will result in a negative payment profile at the Credit Bureau's and will impact my ability to obtain future credit facilities with credit grantors. My reference number with them is 0278000249968848

44170dc0, 2010-11-18, 04:03AM CST

the very same problem i had with vodacom when i was not in the country for like 6-8 months, and guess what now i was referred to the credit bereuw because of vodacom account...

3300e50b, 2011-06-03, 01:22PM CDT

Ive been offered a phone on the 30 March 2011 with a vodacom network from fnb , although I didnt like the phone then requested to change but till today nobody wants to take responsibility of the request as I requested for another phone,Im paying but the phone has never been used my number is 0713450930

c44642fe, 2011-06-03, 01:27PM CDT

iM STILL WAITING FOR THE CONTRACT I APPLIED FOR IN THE END OF MARCH THE NUMBER WAS