Jack in The Box - Taking Credit Cards without ID for purchases

Posted on Thursday, October 15th, 2009 at 12:34pm CDT by 6b37a1e8

Company: Jack in The Box

Location: Bakersfield, CA, US

Apparently Jack's bubble head contains nothing but air which is passed down to his managers! A counterfeit credit card in my name was used to purchase approximately 40.00 worth of food at a Jack in the Box in Bakersfield, CA. When I called "guest services" I was told that Jack's policy is NOT to ask for identification when purchases of any amount are made. The "Senior agent" I talked to was totally rude, asked "...just what do you think Jack in the Box is going to do for you?" I felt like I was the criminal!!! I was basically told I was SOL until my bank reversed the charge - I was told Jack's policy was to not contest bank reversals because they (JIB) didn't ask for ID. she wouldn't supply me with the store location or phone number. When I explained about filing a police report she told me she would give me a report number to give to the police department. So because of Jack in the Box policy and a crook with an affinity for junk food....my bank and I are stuck with the footwork of trying to get my money back.