Chrysler Group, LLC - Screwed by Chrysler

Posted on Thursday, October 15th, 2009 at 11:47am CDT by 4b8d4f2b

Company: Chrysler Group, LLC

Location: Chrysler Group LLC Customer Assistance Center P.O. Box 21-8004 Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8004
Auburn Hills, MI, 48321, US

URL: http://www.chrysler.com

I owned a 2007 Ford F-150 and owed approx $18,000 on the loan. The loan was through Ford Financial. I turned the vehicle in to Lompoc Dodge & Chrysler during July 2008??. The agreement was that traded vehicle would be paid-off, in the mean time I bought another new vehicle ?? at the same time.

No the problem. Chrysler??s Corporate office came and shut the dealer down. They seized the inventory and supposedly seized all the pending contracts. They deny this, however the police and local newspaper confirmed the corporate office was involved. Through research, I located the dealers name, tracked him down, and spoke to him. The owner Timothy Costa, basically confirmed everything the newspaper company had told me. The corporate office shut him down and seized everything.

As of this time, Ford had already sued me for the vehicle not getting paid off and they didn??t believe I traded in the vehicle. The traded car is still registered to me so therefore my OLD truck had basically disappeared in the wind with now poor credit and a lawsuit still pending. Even though I have Ford a copy of my sales contract showing the trade, Ford hasn??t been paid and they still are pursuing their money from me.

I turned to Chrysler. Got blown off and lied to several times by phone and email. I have contacted lawyers, BBB, DMV, Attorney General, nobody cared and nobody could offer any assistance.

Months later (this month 10/2010) I finally tracked down the person that purchased my old truck from the Lompoc Chrysler dealer a couple weeks before Chrysler came and shut the dealer down. Get this, that truck was financed through Chrysler Financial. The truck is still registered to me because nobody ever paid off the lien to Ford.

The DMV registration is expired as of 06/09. The new buyer can not register their car, their car can be impounded at any minute for expired registration, but Chrysler is still making them pay for the car loan and offered no assistance to them either. GOOD news for the buyers. Once they pay off their loan to Chrysler, they will not be able to sell, trade, or drive their vehicle because it is still registered to ME.

As of now, Chrysler has been making money and still has another 4 yrs of payments due to them, even though Chrysler NEVER paid the original Lien Holder (Ford). Chrysler paid $0.00 for the vehicle and will probably make about $20,000 when all said and down. Not bad for huh?

I contacted Chrysler customer service and told them I found the owner and told them the owner has been making payments to Chrysler for over a year and that Chrysler isn??t even the legal lien holder.

Chrylser??s emailed response ?? Dear Justin:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center.

I am sorry to hear that this situation remains unresolved. Have you

contacted the attorney generals office in your state or the department

of motor vehicles for further direction on solving this problem? Your

contact with the Customer Center is appreciated but we are not involved

in resolving the kind of problem you are experiencing.

Thanks again for your email.

AND

Dear Justin:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center.

I am glad to hear that you are making progress on this issue. The area I

work in has no ability to interfere in your situation but I hope that

you are able to resolve it.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Carol Customer Service Representative

Chrysler Customer Assistance Center

Bottom Line, I have been dealing with this issue for several months. Chrysler doesn??t care, refuses to help, and obviously will do anything including DENY, DENY, and DENY, to screw someone in order to make a buck for themselves.

Everyone, please keeps this scenario in your mind next time you ever think about buying a Chrysler vehicle. You might buy a Chrysler vehicle then get sued and possibly have to file bankruptcy while Chrysler still gets their check!

Chrysler, if and when you get this, and one person at Chrysler wants to help, that would be great. Other than that so far nobody at your corporate office has wanted to!

c943ac81, 2009-11-04, 09:13AM CST

In your statement you say "I finally tracked down the person that purchased my old truck from the Lompoc Chrysler dealer a couple weeks before Chrysler came and shut the dealer down." Which means the DEALERSHIP disposed of your vehicle without clearing the lien NOT Chrysler. It sounds like Chrysler gave you the right advice, contact your attorney general. From a bankers point of view Chrysler got hit on this one too. They actually hold a second lien on the vehicle so if the customer defaulted Ford would have first right to the vehicle and Chrysler would be out the money from their loan. Maybe you should focus on the party who actually caused your problem from your description - the dealership. Of the dealer told you what he did. Why would he tell you the dealership didn't pay off the lien and kept your $$ when you're standing right in front of him. Wake up.

53b8a616, 2009-11-04, 09:17AM CST

From a financial point of view Chrysler got hit on this one too. They actually hold a second lien on the vehicle so if the customer defaulted Ford would have first right to the vehicle and Chrysler would be out the money from their loan.

Maybe you should focus on the party who appeared to have caused your problem based on your description - the dealership.

Regarding your conversation with the dealer. If he told you what he did I'd question the intention behind it. Why would he tell you the dealership didn't pay off the lien and kept your $$ when you're standing right in front of him? Get your facts straight and focus your accusations on whomever is the one who deserves it!

53b8a616, 2009-11-04, 09:20AM CST

if the dealer told you what he did. Why would he tell you the dealership didn't pay off the lien and kept your $$ when you're standing right in front of him. Wake up.

b51a89b1, 2012-01-04, 01:36PM CST

we have a 2007 diesel 2500 truck with 55k miles on it. the diesel particualite system got screwed up which should be covered under the emmissions warranty but when we took it into the dealer they came up with a phony excuse not to cover it, said the stored idle time was double what it should have been? The truck has been regularly serviced so this procedure cost us approx $3,000 when it should have been covered under a warranty. Now I've tried to call their associate as we have filed a case number but this guy name Dallan won't call back left 3-4 messages 800-992-1997 so unprofessional! this guy would be fired at most businesses and Chrysler doesn't care about the customer!!! Next move better business bureau then attorney

Erin K., 2013-09-22, 07:15PM CDT

I bought a 2007 Jeep Patriot 2 months ago. Water leaks out of the dome buttons and the light in the back. The dealership had the sun roof sealed for me, but water still leaks. Did you not ever fix this problem after all these years? I have found pictures and complaints of my same problem, different year Patriots and they say there is no fix. Why weren't these Patriots recalled? Is there any way you can fix this problem?