Appliance Factory Outlet - Beware of Scratch and Dent!

Posted on Wednesday, November 25th, 2009 at 10:58am CST by f8d0af59

Product: LG Side-by-Side Refrigerator

Company: Appliance Factory Outlet

Location: 6314 S. College Ave. Fort Collins, CO 80525
Fort Collins, CO, 80525, US

We were in the store 11/13 to get a number of appliances. The sales rep on the floor told us he had a refrigerator with the features we want in his "out of box" department. My husband and I were concerned with this, not knowing whether to trust whether these appliances worked. He reassured us that if anything was wrong there was a 30 day guarantee just like any other store and a full 1 year manufactures warranty. This alleviated our concerns and we went ahead and purchased 3 appliances for our kitchen.

After setting up the refrigerator, we plugged it in and everything seemed fine until the next morning when we discovered the fridge compartment completely froze all the food. We had to throw out much of items that couldn't handle the freeze. He followed the directions and turned down the fridge to the lowest setting. It defrosted but again, withing 24 hours, items froze solid. We are currently living out of coolers and have spent over $100 on groceries we had to throw out. We have tried calling and emailing the store directly 4 times as of today and each time they say they will get back to us - and never do. We finally called and set up a repair person to look at it and his response was, "I don't know what is wrong with it." It is now the day before Thanksgiving and I do not have a workable fridge for the holiday.