reachout wireless

Posted on Sunday, November 22nd, 2009 at 10:14am CST by 09ce07f9

Company: reachout wireless

Category: Telecommunications

I don't know if this is gonna do any good but here goes.

I am 57 and diabetic, I live on SSI and that is my only source of income.

Recently I applied to reachout wireless to get a government cell phone as I live alone and cant afford phone services. I got the phone alright!! And it does NOT work. Now excuse me for wondering...but doesn't the government PAY this company to provide working cell phones for the poor?

If someone were to happen to me and I couldn't call for help I do believe I would have my family SUE THE PANTS OFF OF THEM. How do I make the government aware that they are doing this? Isn't that like fraud or stealing? I am NOT the only person who has gotten a broken phone either.

The others persons phone wont even turn on with a full charge. With mine some of the buttons don't work. I have contacted reachout wireless and they told me to get it fixed or mail it back at MY expense. If I had any money to do this I would be able to afford a regular phone service wouldn't I?

I have sent them at least 8 email and made about 10 calls to them and I either get NO reply or this line of BS.

Please help us here in Michigan and help the government. No wonder our country has no money, people like reachout wireless are ripping it off.

Deborah

Grand Rapids, Michigan 49504

64a1f771, 2009-12-09, 06:44PM CST

i had a reach wireless worked 5 months i ened up my expense to send it back.....

09ce07f9, 2009-12-17, 06:23PM CST

Reach out has since sent me a new phone, the battery doesnt charge all of the way..but it works for a day at a time. It is better then nothing

4170857a, 2010-01-03, 04:19PM CST

I hope I do not have to go through that. I had to use reachout chat because I did not get any information on instructions how to use my phone. One and a half hour later I had to charge my phone and it will not come on. I have sent a email but I have not had the phone a whole day yet. I would rather buy a phone if I could afford one than to have to worry about charging it all the time because I got it for emergency use. I wonder if they are simply treating the low income like second class citizen?

fde01bfe, 2010-04-21, 08:43AM CDT

I have the same problems. I was send a phone it keep turning off especially when I press "9" and took a long turn on and then turn off again. So I called they said it was the battery I told them I am not stupid it is the phone. They insisted to send a new battery. If that did not work I would have to buy a new phone somewhere??? If this is a government phone why do I have to pay for the broken phones they send? For all you people who are low income look up Safelink and Assurance they are low income phones too. Safelink is great 60 minutes per month for about six months before refill but check to see how long you qualify. Assurance you get 200 minutes per month no roll over and every year you have to qualify per year. Stay away from Reach Out I am going to complain to my local State TN. 1-800-342-8385. Or www.//tn.gov/consumer/contact.shtml.

00b30c91, 2010-07-12, 09:58PM CDT

Dear Deborah,

Actually, NO! The government pays for the "service" ONLY. ReachOut provides the "phone" for free so you can take part in this program. I signed up and got a good working Motorola V265 flip camera phone....with a 5 year old weak battery!! I clicked on their "chat now" link and they just sent me a new battery! A+ for that!

They are sending "refurbished" phones that come from a pool of what amounts to "used trade-ins". I guess I got lucky. After 2 weeks, I decided to upgrade the phone and swapped the number to a "factory refurbished" Palm Treo 700wx PDA device that is Verizon Branded with Windows Mobile version 6 operating system... for $45! (purchased online from another source) They added free minutes to my account for upgrading the phone, and "asked" me if I would send the 1st phone back to them so someone else could have a good working phone. I was in NO way obligated to do so, as I could sell the 1st phone on eBay, however, after reading your post, I will send the 1st phone back so at least one person would not have to go through the pain of receiving a phone that has problems! I probably couldn't get but about $10 for it anyhow.

Nonetheless, use your minutes CAREFULLY! If you want to "upgrade" your phone, be sure it is a CDMA (code division for multipul access) phone. Not a GSM phone that uses SIM cards. Verizion and AllTell use CDMA, where as AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM phones that will not work.

L. Stanley

New Orleans, LA

0ee9c6d6, 2011-03-15, 06:06PM CDT

I farley l flood slip and fell on ice and water my cell phone was in my hand and got wet it do not work any more

14c72ff9, 2011-05-23, 12:35PM CDT

i got three junk phones in two months, they suck...

ea303369, 2011-06-22, 09:23AM CDT

ReachOut Wireless is NOT a government supported phone. It is privately offered through TracFone. Tax dollars do NOT go to pay for this service. The fact that you think you are ENTITLED to a new phone at TracFone's expense is egocentric to say the least. SPEND A FEW DOLLARS SHIPPING IT BACK FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. You have 250 free minutes a month. I have a ReachOut phone too, but people like you are what generates negative stereotypes about these services. You should feel honored, not entitled to be recieving these services.

39fd6d93, 2011-06-22, 07:16PM CDT

I recieved my phone LAST year. I was told it was a phone number for my area and it was NOT. As well as I get NO service at my house at all with this phone. I have severe lung problems and if I were to need to call for medical assistance, this phone would do me no good. I called to have it disconnected many times and they just will not disconnect it. I told each rep on the phone and even the online chat help that someone else out there could be useing this but they just will not disconnect it. I do not know what else to do. Twords the end of the year is the renewal for this phone and I will not be renewing, If I cannot use it to call for help there is no reason to have it.

14c72ff9, 2011-08-23, 09:04AM CDT

reach out wireless is a scam................................ they send out cheap used phones and charge the government for brand new ones... they sent me three junk phones in a row. p.s i had to pay shipping and handling..... everytime... what a scam

14c72ff9, 2011-08-23, 10:22AM CDT

they suck................................................................. then your on hold for forty minutes, they are hoping you just hang up. what a bunch of losers.......

6f105c27, 2011-09-07, 11:23AM CDT

my cell phone battery does not stay charge please send me a new battery.

f1754d98, 2011-09-30, 07:20AM CDT

it is not through tracfone that is safe-link wireless reach-out wireless is a government program

edb1ba72, 2011-10-13, 10:49AM CDT

If it is privately offered the private company is in business to do what?

MAKE MONEY

They have to manipulate some way of doing so, which is why there is no surprise there are tons of comments on here about it being a scam.

a629a74e, 2011-10-14, 10:43AM CDT

Yes sent me a piece of junk and then I have to write a letter to cancel service and send back the free phone.

13151c81, 2011-10-25, 03:26PM CDT

YES THE ARE IN I FEEL DEBORAH I BEEN IN THE SAME BOOT DON'T OFFER US A WORKING PHONE IN TAKE OUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OFFER US A PHONE TO CLAIM IT WORKS IN IT DON'T THE IGNORANT PERSON THAT MAN THAT DUMB REMARK NEEDS TO BE SLAPPED IN THE MOUTH, I'M ON THE THIRD BS PHONE THEY KEEP SEND THESE BS PHONE ACTING LIKE THERE HELP BUT THERE CAUSE STRESS ON THE ONES THAT TRULY NEED IT IM DISABLE AND WHEN IM OUT I NEED THE PHONE CAUSE AT TIME I LOSE MY BALANCE SO IN CASE OF EMENGENCY I NEED A PHONE IM ON A FIXED INCOME WERE I CANT EFFORD A PHONE AN YES I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF IT WORKED LIKE THEY SAID AND dEBORAH IF I GET HURT IN I SUPPOSE TO HAVE THIS PHONE FOR USE AS BEING LOW INCOME IN DISABLE U BETTER BELIEVE IM CALLIN AN ATTORNEY CAUSE DON'T MAAKE PROMISES THAT YOU CANT KEEP FOR ANOTHER DON'T SEND A PHONE FOR MY NEED AND IT NOT PROVIDING ME THE BENIFITS OF MY NEEDS

i REPORTED THEM TO BBB CAUSE THIS JUST DONT MAKE SENSE SO WHAT IF IT FREE DON'T ADVERTISE TO HELP LOW INCOME PEOPLE THEN SEND THEM GARBAGE .

d94b7382, 2011-10-31, 03:26PM CDT

I am not trying to complain,but i can't get any other way to get through to anyone about my problem! I lost my charger&can't find a way to get another one. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!phone name kyocera,#kx414,10-moo2b-81r-#06904344958,acno93 453 037,h: 4542c7e, fccid:ovfkwc-kx4x4, ic: 3572a-kx4x4-kyocerawirelesscorp

234508e2, 2011-11-28, 04:12PM CST

I recently recieved my phone a motarola razor. Not a cute phone but, works very well. It stands to reason since, the phones are refurbished some of them may not work as well as they should. Since Reachout wireless is furnishing these phones for free, it is not in their interest, to pay to have them sent back to them. I suggest you get online if you can, or have someone do it for you, go to the website and pick another phone you can find them as low as 6.00

81434c46, 2011-12-01, 05:36AM CST

i know what you mean my phone does work either and when i call them their all from the far east not usa citizans what can we do

93336389, 2011-12-08, 03:24PM CST

"No wonder our country has no money, people like reachout wireless are ripping it off."

or is it whiney people who feel entitled to freebies at government (tax payer) expense. I feel for your troubles, but those of us who use these services are the burden, more than these companies are.

0e5d8ccf, 2011-12-09, 07:15PM CST

I AM 45 AND BLIND.(MY DAUGHTER IS TYPING FOR ME)REACHOUT WIRELESS IS FULL OF BULL. THEY SOLD ME A CRICKET PHONE AND IT WAS A REFURBISHED PHONE. I LIVE IN COLUMBUS OHIO AND THEY HAD ME PAY 25.00 FOR IT. THE PHONE WAS SET UP FOR 250 GOVERNMENT ASSISTED MINUTES, YES, BUT WITH THE MINUTES YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SEND PICTURE TEXT OR RECEIVE THEM UNLESS YOU USE YOUR OWN MONEY. I WENT TO MONEY GRAM AND PAID MONEY ON THE ACCOUNT SO THAT I COULD SEND AND RECEIVE PICTURE TEXTS TO MY MOTHER WHO IN ANOTHER STATE AND IS DEATHLY ILL, AND THE PHONE STILL DID NOT WORK. I CALLED AT LEAST 20 TIMES AND WAS WALKED THROUGH ALL KINDS OF TECHNICS THAT STILL DIDN'T WORK, AND THEN THE TECH FROM SUPPORT TOLD ME TO GO TO A LOCAL WIRELESS STORE AND HAVE THEM FIX THE PHONE. I WAS SHOCKED AND THEN WHEN I DID THAT THE STORE OWNER INFORMED ME THAT THE PHONE WAS A REFURBISHED PHONE AND THAT THE PHONE WAS NO GOOD AND BROKEN. I CONTACTED THEM BY LIVE CHAT AND THEY STILL WOULD NOT FIX OR SEND ME ANOTHER PHONE OR EVEN TRY TO SETTLE THIS DISPUTE..... I HAVE SINCE THEN (12-09-2011) CONTACTED AN ATTY. AND MY LOCAL NEWS TEAM CALLED: "SIX ON YOUR SIDE!!!" REACHOUT WIRELESS SUCKS!!!! THEY ARE A RIPOFF COMPANY!

041b8678, 2012-01-07, 02:12PM CST

I need help with my phone it will not let me call out or get calls in.

09ce8d6f, 2012-01-22, 03:14AM CST

Thank was 3 yrs ago cant you read the date, I have not filed anything since.

0e2f2263, 2012-02-10, 09:46AM CST

i can't seen my picture 2 facebook i did32665 and it said failed sending what am i doing wrong

09ce8d6f, 2012-02-10, 12:08PM CST

This is a TWO yr old post, please remove it.

3e4439da, 2012-03-02, 02:34AM CST

i am tired of people complaining about this program. i would never complain about a phone that is only $2.50 per month with a free phone activation free. but i never got the phone i was approved for. i think you get what u pay for so yall be greatful k

phat cloud

27f6461b, 2012-03-09, 12:20PM CST

Reachout wireless is a scam honey they scammed me they are not cheap nor are they free anyone on here who thinks you should be honored is working for them they arein India as well not america and could care less they just lie over the phone and they offer minute packages but if you pay your plan you cant get the extra minutes you bought until you stop. So if you are on a five dollar plan for 500 minutes and you buy addition minutes you wont get them until after you go off your plan you cannot get more than the plan and if you buy more minutes they will give them to you a year later if you are on your plan for a year. so If you buy 1000 extra minutes for ten dollars you wont get them until you cancel your five dollar plan then you can get the 1000 minute at 250 mins a month for four months you cannot get them if you buy a plan you wont be able to understand it if you live in the USA because americans dont do business this way it is very tricky and alll the employess are from india

7d9a886e, 2012-03-13, 06:23PM CDT

i just got my phone and it did not work. i called the number were i ordered and they sent me another phone and they paid the shiping and handeling. the second phone works, then when i added menutes to it on the first i had to wait 5 to 10 days. on the 4th day i called the number they want you to call and was put on hold forever then i called the number i ordered it from and they put the minutes on the next day. i think they just don't know what they are doing.

c41733e3, 2012-03-15, 03:53PM CDT

It is a combination what everyone here said. They don't know what they are doing. The music when you call it is extremely irritating. You usually have to wait 30 minutes to speak with a human there. Yes they are in India. Yes they are scamers. Yes I do think that the US Federal should sue Trac phone or ANY OTHER company That is using the US government name undercover to tell lies to customers already involved with reach out nightmare wireless. Someone should get them and put in JAIL or terminate their worldwide company. If you can find them in a cyber world.

b18bc9f5, 2012-03-20, 07:35PM CDT

I too have had problems with reach out. I had lost the first phone i was sent so purchased a so called upgrade that failed after two weeks. In this time period i found the original phone i was sent and requested service be switched back and was told this was not a reach out wireless phone. however it was the first one i was sent. I was put on hold numerous times and i do believed my account was flagged. I say that because I WAS KEPT ON HOLD and sent from one person to another.

419b8ec6, 2012-03-30, 07:06PM CDT

Reach out as well as other Government assisted free cell phone plans are part of the Lifeline program.

The Lifeline Program is a federal program created 20 years

ago by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)

to provide discounted telephone service, most recently updated to include cell phone service, to low income consumers who meet specific eligibility

criteria.

Lifeline Funding: not funded from federal taxpayer dollars. The federal portion of the Lifeline discount is

funded by a fee levied on inter-state and international phone service.

8ba38829, 2012-04-09, 12:04PM CDT

I agree with all the above information about Reach Out Wireless. I recently experienced the same thing that this man on ssi went through. I received a cheap phone that does not work and once I tried to contact reach out wireless they just put me on hold for hours.

e7825a15, 2012-04-19, 03:21PM CDT

hi my name is curtis morehouse ive had a reachout phone for many many years and i lost the charger would it be possible to recieve anoyher phone the phone is so old they dont sell that charger anymore and also i was able to check my voicemail through my landline phome but somehow my pin 7955 isnt working anymore please e-mail me at [email protected] as soon as possible with your response or help thank you

a1b7366e, 2012-05-09, 06:10PM CDT

i have had this cell for almost year and it has never rung ive talked to someone there and had it working for 3 or 4 days and quit all it does is vibrat also the bay=ttery goes donw on one call that may las 30 minutes after chargeing all night i would like to have another phone if at all possible i do call out on it and maybe text but dont hear it when it replys red light only flasy thanks for your reply in advance im am corgually Harvey Anthony

5e8e3568, 2012-05-05, 07:16PM CDT

i have a cell phone with the phone #4145249520 and they dont make the chargers for it or batteries would it be possible to recieve another phone from you all please reply yes or no

dc9d93c7, 2012-05-26, 05:13PM CDT

I too have gotten a phone from them that does not work properly. When I first recieved it, I could not charge it. They sent me a new charger but I still could not charge it - the jack for the charger was broken (a known issue with this phone) I really liked the phone (Palm Centro) so I bought a wall battery charger out of pocket for $5. Its a pain as I have to remove the battery, put it into the charger and plug it into the wall. But it was a hassle I could live with. Today, 5 months after I got it the sound suddenly quit. It no longer rings or beeps for incoming calls or messages. I even tried to hard reset it myself but no I think the speaker is just gone. Called tech support to be told i was caller 139! And my wait time was expected to be over 2 hours!! Uhh.... NO. This company is a scam and a half. No other Lifeline program gives out used phones except this one. P.S. when I got my phone there were pictures on it from the previous user - holy privacy invasion batman! Also interesting is that although I live in NJ, within a week of getting this phone on I started getting spammy texts and phone calls at all hours of the day and night from Detroit and Chicago. I think they are selling our numbers.

045c4641, 2012-06-05, 08:57AM CDT

I, Laryne Whitny paid 26.50 for the unlimited plan 06/02/2012. The money was taken off my credit card but i have not received the plan. I contacted customer service but have not received a response yet. My number is 312 898 6651 please contact me as soon as possible.

498e019b, 2012-06-13, 02:33PM CDT

I am trying to get the provided 200 min/ month to be added to a legally blind person's phone. Can not get through to a human despite several hours of trying. This company is taking your tax dollars and running, not providing any service. Shame on our governmant foe allowign this to happen with our tax dollars!!

67a6751a, 2012-06-16, 03:43PM CDT

Anyone who'd like to direct their anger & frustration with this company due to poor & incompetent service, faulty telephones, etc -

I urge you to contact The FCC - Federal Communications Commission. - Thats the federal agency that funds the free phone program, paying Reachout. Their email address is:

[email protected]

Be as specific as you can about your complaints, not just ranting.

67a6751a, 2012-06-16, 04:04PM CDT

Anyone who is as angry and fed up with this company as I am, I urge you to contact the FCC Federal Communications Commission, the federal agency that funds this program. I agree that Reachout does not deserve this govt. contract. All I wanted was a reliable phone. All I got was lousy service (or none at all), unusable phones and lots of grief and frustration.

Be as specific as you can in your email to the FCC, not just ranting.

Their email address is: [email protected]

67a6751a, 2012-06-16, 04:07PM CDT

Be as specific as you can in your email to the FCC, not just ranting.

Their email address is: [email protected]

534c53da, 2012-06-27, 09:13PM CDT

this morning i had 5hr 30min. left on my phone,now i get ready to make a call an ican't call out or call in.unless i pay again .whats with this.this is the second time this month june 2012. i went through this inconvience..AND I haven't receive any reply from reach out...

25e0327d, 2012-07-04, 10:58PM CDT

I also recieved a phone that was in such poor shape I had to hold the battery charger in and hold down buttons until it would turn on just to shut back down in two seconds.Last Saturday they just disconnected it, the online stuff was down, no one there. Monday I contact them, they run me around and it mysteriously turned back on WITHOUT the minutes I bought. And what about the free minutes you ARE supposed to automatically recieve?? Not once have I not had to contact them to recieve them.

b0db5874, 2012-07-08, 02:32PM CDT

good-day-to-all-staff,please-review-information--cellular-cricketmodel-samsung{kyocera]u350.acount--thankyouthismail-from-u.ps.-chicago-il.-copy-trackingnumber--43224-uptown-postaloffice-0752012.my-minutedue-,yuocanreach-me-1-773-993-5059.-or-call-1773-661-3478-message.amrecipient-of-illinois-link-food-program.,resident-941.w.lawrence.{socialsecurity-lastfouedigit-[2031.hopetoheafromyour-agent.

ba5969ac, 2012-07-08, 11:07PM CDT

I had reachout for a year and a half and i had nothing both trouble. i want my account canceled and a refund for the second upgraded phone i ordered which didnt work from the start. they said a supervisor would contact me in an hour and did not. reachout is a scam and is the worst company you can go with avoid them. i am using metro pcs now great company. reachout sucks

Terri H., 2013-02-27, 07:29PM CST

Reachout Wireless is a definite scam. Please do not use them. They sent me a totally non working phone and they refuse to send one that works. I try to trust small companies, but now I will only buy from companies with a good rep.

5e821c33, 2013-03-29, 09:34AM CDT

I ordered a replacement phone from ReachOut Wireless on 03/06/2013. I was told the phone would be shipped to me within 3-5 business days. It been more than 3 weeks, and I still have not received the replacement phone, nor has it been shipped, for which I have already paid $79.00. I'm being told that I can not cancel the order because it has been processed. If I choose to cancel the order, I have to first wait for the phone to be shipped, accept the shipment, then return it at a cost of 15% restocking fee. In the meantime, ReachOut Wireless is holding on to my money, (an presumably many others) gaining 1000's of $$ in interest, and not delivering. ISN'T THIS THEFT-BY-DECEPTION? WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND SET WOULD JUST GIVE AWAY MONEY FOR WEEKS, TO MONTHS AT A TIME FOR FREE? Something should be done, IMMEDIATELY about their government contract. Obviously this company is not capable of maintaining such a contract. Additionally, by telling customers that the phone would be shipped within a certain time frame and then not following through, ReachOut Wireless is in breach of an oral agreement (contract). If I was told I would wait up to two months to receive my replacement phone, I would never have ordered it......... Maybe we consumers have grounds for a class action law suit against ReachOut Wireless.

lori h., 2013-03-30, 01:48AM CDT

Hi I am in the same boat as you I ordered a replacement phone for my elderly father 2 weeks ago but this was a $19 one it still has not arrived so I called today was told it was out of stock now even though when it was ordered they had them. Talked to a supervisor was told I had 2 options pay more money or wait maybe months for a phone was told the same crap about a refund this is very wrong so I told him that every news station would be hearing about this and the call for action team will be investigating their company still said the same thing. Well there is a legal dept. number for there company that number is 614-664-2676 I and was told that they should have given me the phone or money back the man was going to look into it and call me back let's see what happens.

80dcba4d, 2013-03-30, 06:21PM CDT

I ve been try n 2 give my new address n tell some one dat my phone does not

work it will not hold a charge

And keeps cutting off while I'm talking plse call or email me

dwane s., 2013-04-23, 05:23PM CDT

I buy minutes I add minutes every month 'cause 250 is not enough. I added $15 then my phone quit working so I called reachout paid $15 for another phone I have been waiting 5 weeks Am I going to recieve the phone someday?

T V., 2013-05-01, 09:57AM CDT

I have had several problems with reachout. I had service with them for a couple of years without too much trouble other than having their cheap refurbished phones which were glitchy and didn't hold a charge. My phone quit working about two and a half months ago, so I went online and purchased a replacement phone from them. A few weeks later, I still had not received the phone that I had PAID for, so I logged into their online chat, waited on hold for two hours to finally chat with a customer service rep, who confirmed that my payment went through, so it should be shipped shortly and that I should expect the phone in about 11-21 days (which is a long time considering I had already waited three weeks!). Another two and a half weeks passed, and my phone still had not shown up, so I went online again and waited another couple of hours to chat with customer service. I asked if I could have the tracking info, and the customer service rep told me they do not keep tracking info and to wait another 11-21 days. Two months passed since I had initially ordered the replacement phone, so I logged back into live customer support, and this time the customer service rep told me that they could not send me the phone because they did not have record of my payment!!! A previous customer service rep had confirmed my payment already to me, and the transaction had also shown on my credit card statement, so they did in fact take my money, and had my money for two months and did not only NOT send me the phone I purchased, but now are totally refusing to send my phone unless I first send them my bank statement to prove they took my money!!! I was not willing to go through the process of battling with such an incompetent company, so I disputed it through my credit card company instead. Capital One took care of it for me the very next day!

I also filed a complaint of ReachOut Wireless with the FCC, and am going to set up service with another company.

Reachout took my money and left me without a phone for two months! I have kids at home, what if there had been an emergency?! I really think they are trying to swindle what they can from their customers. BEWARE!!!

carissa, 2013-05-09, 10:42AM CDT

I paid for an upgraded phone on 3/6/13 still have not recieved it. Have chatted with them four times and was told that there was a delay and that they were working on it and then today was told that the payment was canceled. I sent them two different statements showing that it was paid and now they want a picture of the statement. i have never been treated so poorly by a company. The phone they gave us in the first place had cracks and parts started breaking off. I understand that this is a cheap phone for poor people but when I am paying for it and I add minuted every month It isn't that cheap anymore. So I deserve to have quality service. I am so frustrated witht hem now that I want to report them to somebody but I son't know who.

84a1acaf, 2013-05-12, 12:57AM CDT

the phone I had for the past two years quit on me two weeks ago. I logged on and ordered a new refurbished phone . The phone I got was not the phone I ordered. I paid for the touch screen and got another flip phone. When I called to complain , I got a broken english speaking person telling me I had to send the phone back to them to get the one I ordered. Even went so far as to tell me there was nothing in the computer to say that I ordered the phone that I ordered.An out ant out lie..... as I had called to speak with someone about it and had live chat twice about the phone before it got here.His supervisor was a broken english speaking person. Is this company even in America. I dont think so because when I had Verizon wireless and tried to get ahold of customer service, I always ended up getting an Eastern indian.

2faf7696, 2013-05-30, 10:42PM CDT

I have purchased 4 phones from reachout wireless all have been defective. Remind you I said purchase! This last phone I purchased 2 week's ago has yet to be delivered. So I lose all of my unlimited minutes!!! When I call them I always get disconnected by their rep's after holding on for 20 to 30 minutes.

cafa9d28, 2013-06-02, 07:37PM CDT

I recently purchased an unlimited plan, which I had done a few months previous and it worked then. Tonight it said the payment was processed but I have waited hours for this to load on my phone. Am I getting ripped off or what. If I am...they don't know what they are getting themselves into!!!

c018b213, 2013-06-05, 05:15PM CDT

Wow, I just ran into this website and wished I would have seen earlier. Anyway, I purchased several times a phone from Reachout wireless and both were defective. I sent out on this past Monday my phone that would not take a charge due to the fact that they sent me the wrong charger in the first place so a couple of weeks later I got a replacement charger and it still did not fit right and didn't take a charge all the way. So I went out and purchased a new charger which cost me twenty dollars as the phone was so old I had to find someone local that had old technology to sell. So like I said I sent the phone back this past Mon. to supposedly FIX the charger port because it is defective. It cost me another six dollars to send it back to them. I am starting to wonder if this government plan is worth taxpayers dollars. The only reason I joined the program is because I am on a fixed income and can't afford to buy a phone and a contract for the other companies. Sure wish I knew of a different program that would actually "HELP" the poor, old and disabled.

6a38ad8c, 2013-06-07, 10:38PM CDT

Reachout Wireless is a thief of a company and have no regards to the law. Report this company to your local Public Utilities Commission and Legal Assistance Agencies asap. It's the only way to stop Reachout Wireless's wrong doings. They have no shame or any sense of right and wrong. Besides the bad phone they give you, they also steals your money. Lifeline customers are suppose to get free 250 talk and 250 text minutes per month but they make you pay a monthly fee. As if that's not enough they steal your minutes like a bandit and cut off your phone service to force you buying more minutes when you still have plenty of minutes left. When you try to reason with them they would cheat and lie and make up all sorts of excuses to confuse you and to justify their wrong doings and cut off your phone service for days, even up to weeks at a time. And this is a on going problem with this evil company every month. This company think everyone else is stupid or something. It needs to be put out of business so they can't hurt any more people and give us ulcers.

b84a0bfc, 2013-07-08, 07:14PM CDT

My phone is not working. I keep trying to call the 800 number and I keep getting a recording saying the volume is heavy call back meanwhile my minutes have been allotted and I haven't been able to use my phone scince Friday. I paid extra for a smart phone.

7550f784, 2013-07-31, 09:41AM CDT

I purchased a Motorola Razor phone from you and the back keeps coming off. My phone has never been dropped and no one uses it but me. I am a senior citizen who cannot afford to keep buying phones as I am on a fixed income. Please tend to this matter for me

c7b38277, 2013-11-14, 04:22PM CST

Reach out wireless sent me two broken phones... I paid for the second one This company is a rip off. Scamming the poor

8392fbfc, 2013-12-02, 10:20AM CST

Oh boy! Everybody having problems with Reachout service coming from China. New monthly minutes are downloaded at about 3:00a.m. and wakes me up every time. I can't get used to that interruption. I always fear something is wrong at my mother's house. The company is lacking coherence, disorganized, disjointed and not in its right mind: is that possible? Or does it plays games in order to garner all the money it can one way or another. I?ve called customer service only to wait in line for someone to take my call and my paid minutes get used up. I am out of minutes now which I bought. What to do. I called the FCC and filed a complaint - again. With copy to the BBB. Not to mention the company itself but don't hold your breath.

cabe93f7, 2014-01-02, 08:36AM CST

I know the feeling people. I got a phone thought reachout wirless but lost it and put another phone on my plan though them. I think you can use any phone. I am here today because of the BS that is happening to me. I paid $26.50 for unlimited talk & text on Dec9, 2013 and last nite Jan 1, 2013 my phone was cut off. I keep getting this recording. No matter who's phone I use I get this same recording. I cant get no one on the phone to find out why they cut my phone off. I am pist.I still have 9 days until I need to add mintues. Something is wrong with their phone service. I have called them 33x just today on someone elses phone. It would sux if I had to pay for all those calls. This company needs to get their butts in gear and fix ALL of our problems. I WONT give up. I am about to go off on them. Good Luck peps.

993b856b, 2014-01-13, 12:02AM CST

Yea I am having the same problem I paid $26.50

For unlimited minutes jan 11 as of today mo phone service

If u call customer service u wait 2 hours for the

People in china to put u on hold n still no service

I keep getting these texts that my 250 free minutes are

About to expire when I have pd for unlimited minutes

N I still hAve no service what is going on with this

Company does anyone know a free company I can

Use a verizon phone on I bought my own phone

A HTC Incredible n want to continue using it

3dcdca40, 2014-02-06, 09:25PM CST

MY REACHOUT PHONE WARRANTY EXPIRED IN 1985. THE PHONE BROKE HALF IN TO TWO PIECES. WHEN CALL FOR A REPLACEMENT ALMOST 3 YEARS AGO WAS TOLD TO PAY 75 AND THEY WOULD SEND A PHONE. I TRIED TO CANCEL THIS SERVICE BUT FOUND THAT IT WAS STILL IN USE AND SOMEONE WAS CALLING INDIA AND OTHER FOREIGN COUNTRIES BY LOGGING IN. WHEN I COMPLAINED ABOUT THIS I WAS BLOCKED FROM LOGGING IN. I HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT WHY IS THE GOVERNMENT PAYING FOR A PHONE THAT I HAVE NOT HAD USE OF FOR WELL OVER 2 YEARS. I DON'T THINK IT IS RIGHT FOR THEM TO CONTINUE TO BE PAID FOR SERVICE THAT IS NOT BEING USED BY ME. IF IT WAS ME DOING THIS TO THE GOVERNMENT, I WOULD HAVE LONG AGO PICKED UP FOR FRAUD OR SOMETHING. IS THERE A WAY REACHOUT WIRELESS BE MADE TO REFUND THE GOVERNMENT FOR THIS PHONE AND THAT I CAN RECEIVE ONE FROM ANOTHER SERVICE?

9ff5f1b6, 2014-04-19, 09:21PM CDT

I have a reachout wireless phone number and phone!!!! it was working fine for me. I recently went to ebay several months back and purchased a motorola droid 3 works just fine with reach out. if the phone you get from them is not working you can purchase a cdma band phone from ebay for around 8-10.00$$ i suggest using the verizon network phones you can get the esn and login to your account on reachout and change esn. and activate your phone from ebay if you get a refurbished phone from ebay make sure it says clean esn. the esn #'s are on the phone behind the back of the battery. right now i was so frusterated because they are fixing accounts i could not login to my account or know my minutes but because of rollover i have at least 28 or more talking hours. they are having problems with online accounts but when it gets fixed its been over a month when it gets fixed or call or text them and order a phone from ebay if you don't have a computer have someone help you. other than that reach out wireless has been pretty good to me and i used my own smart phone motorolla droid 3 wifi and everything anyways yes there is bad and good with all cell phone companies anyways enough said!!!

Kayla C., 2014-06-19, 03:29PM CDT

Tom:

Hello,thank you for visiting ReachOut Wireless. You are chatting with Tom Parker. How may I help you today?

Kayla Clunen:

I have talked to customer service on the phone twice and they keep putting me on hold for a supervisor and after a few minutes the line goes blAnk,

Tom:

I'll be happy to assist you, may I know your 10 digit ReachOut Wireless Mobile Number?

Kayla Clunen:

I need to know how to dispute my minutes used because they keep saying I have depleted

all my minutes when I know that I havent

Tom:

may I know your 10 digit ReachOut Wireless Mobile Number?

Tom:

Could you please provide me with your complete address. Please include your City, Zip Code, State, & Apartment. number/Floor you are on?

Tom

I have checked your account and you have used your all the minutes and if you want to check the call history you need to make the written request for that.

Regarding Call Record requests.

Call records can only be generated upon written request, meaning, the customer would have to either fax or mail a letter requesting their call records.

- Date range for the call records they are requesting

The customer can send this request to the record keeping department by faxing it to 740-548-1173, or by mailing it to:

Columbus, OH 43224

Once the request is received, the records will be shipped within 3-5 business days and the customer will receive it within 7-10 business days.

Kayla Clunen:

Ok but how to dispute the calls it says I have made?

Tom:

I am sorry however in your records it shows that you have consumed the minutes.

Kayla Clunen:

I knwo that, they have told me that 3x but I know that I have not, I only used the phone to text my mom and had a 5min and 9 second phone call and I know 100% for sure that is the only minutes I have used which totals 13 minutes. So how do I dispute that it says I have used mroe than that?

Tom:

I am sorry however in your account history it shows that you have used the all minutes so now if you want to use the services either you need to purchase the additional minutes or you need to wait for the next free minutes 7/4/2014

Kayla Clunen:

Because the same exact thing happened to me yesterday it said I had 23 minutes left and I used it to make one 54 second phone call and then a few hours later it said I had no minutes and I know I didnt use it because I did not have service where I was at but customer service was closed so I just added more minutes and now it is doing the same thing

Noooo

Kayla Clunen:

there has to be a way to dispute the call records....

Kayla Clunen:

your records are incorrect so how do I dispute them?

Tom:

Do one thing, please send the request for the call records and then you can check yourself that you have used your all the minutes.

Kayla Clunen:

No I havent the guy told me how many minutes and wha phone calls it said on my call records but they are incorrect so how do I dispute them?

Kayla Clunen:

I dont need to see the records I know how many minutes I have used!

Tom:

I already told you that you have used your all the minutes and we are not authorize to provide you the any call details over the chat

Kayla Clunen:

Ok I talked to 2 people on the phone but I just want to no how to dispute the call records, there has to be a way

That is nto what I want

Kayla Clunen:

You keep giving me the same information, I am telling you I want to know how to dispute the charges??

Tom:

Kayla, please go through this procedure for your concern.

Kayla Clunen:

Once I request and recieve the records how do I dispute them?

Tom:

There is no dispute in your account and you just consumed all the minutes.

Kayla Clunen:

No there is a disoute Im deisputing the records how do I disoute them though?

disput*

dispute*

Kayla Clunen:

I did not consume my minutes and your records show that I do so how does the process work to dispute your records?

Tom:

Kayla, We are a prepaid service provider and the minutes have been deducted from your account because you are using the services. If you want to check the call records then here is the procedure i told you before in the above conversation.

Kayla Clunen:

But I dont want to just check my records I want to dipute them because they are wrong there has to be a way to that.... so how do I do that??

Tom:

You can check this out by your call details may be you missed something.

Kayla Clunen:

No I did not, I put the minutes on last night, went to bed woke up recieved a call talked for 5 minutes and 9 seconds then my mother text me and I we text back and forth for 7 text messages, then I left and received a message saying my minutes were depleted.

Kayla Clunen:

I know exactly what went down. I dont know if you dont understand what I am saying or what, but I just need to know how to dispute the records you have that say I have used all my minutes,?

Tom:

Kayla, We are already disputing your charges and we have the evidence for your minutes.

Kayla Clunen:

Is there a way you can get a supervisor to talk to me??

Tom:

Supervisor will advised you the same as i am trying to do.

Kayla Clunen:

Ok but your records are wrong! There has to be some way that I can get my minutes back I know they are wrong.

Tom:

I have checked your account and there is some long duration calls.

Tom:

Kayla, If you want the details then you can apply for the call records also.

Tom:

Sorry there is no way of providing used minutes back.

I know the guy told me there was a 13 minute phone conversation

but there wasn't

Kayla Clunen:

Can I speak with a supervisor anyway?

Tom:

Kayla, supervisor can't make any difference in your records, He will tell you the same.

You ahve sent me the same thing about 5x

Kayla Clunen:

Can I speak to a supervisor anyway, even if they do tell me the same thing, at least maybe he can guide me in the right direction.

Tom:

I think there is no benefit in increasing this conversation, It will not make any difference, if you will go to the supervisor you will get the same response as we work as per the account records. If you want to check it on your own. Please send us a handwritten application and we will send you the records.

I want to speaK WITH A SUPERVISOR

Tom:

Please stay on live chat I am transferring your chat to my supervisor.

Operator Tom has invited Bradley to join this conversation. Currently in room: Kayla Clunen, Tom, Bradley.

Kayla Clunen:

ARe you actually transferring me? Because the last 2 people I talked to on the phone told me they were transferring and then the line ended up going dead after a few minutes of holding and I was never able to speak with a supervisor

Bradley:

Hello, this is Bradley, how may I help you?

Tom has left the conversation. Currently in room: Kayla Clunen, Bradley.

Kayla Clunen:

Thank you for joining my conversation Bradley.

Kayla Clunen:

Your records indicate that I have depleted all of my minutes. I put 30 minutes on around 9pm last night. I went to bed shortly after and did not use my phone. This morning I recieved a cal and talked for 5 minutes and 9 seconds and have 7 texts back and forth between my mom and I. So it should total 13 minutes, then I recieved a text saying I have depleted all of my minutes. I know exactly how many I have used and I know that is the only phone call I used and the only text I sent/recieved. How can I get my minutes back or dispute the records that you have?

Bradley:

Let me check with your account and your conversation.

Kayla Clunen:

The guy on the phone told me your records indicated I have had a few texts a 13 minutes phone conversation and a few 1-2 minute conversations but I have not.

Bradley:

I have checked that and you have used your all the minutes and now either you can purchase the additional minutes or wait for the next6 free monthly minutes.

Kayla Clunen:

But this problem has occured twice, yesterday I checked my minutes at 11:30 am and I had 20 something minutes left then I talked to my mom for 46 seconds and had no sent/recieved text messages and a little before 9 it said I was out of minutes. But that was the only phone call I had. And so customer serice was closed so I added the 30 minutes, so I had a phone until I could get ahold of customer service.

Bradley:

I am sorry however you have used the minutes so in that case we can not do anything.

Kayla Clunen:

I dont want to add more minutes or wait until the 4th I am afraid that if I add more minutes this problem will just happen again. I want to know how to get my minutes back or dispute the charges. Do you have a department that handles complaints and disputes?

Bradley:

We have already told you that you have used the minutes and in that case no one can give you the free minutes.

Bradley:

If you want to check it out then go through the call records procedure.

Bradley:

And you can check that the minutes usage.

Kayla Clunen:

I am not asking for free minutes, I am asking that the minutes be credited to my account because I did not use them I am going to request the records, but from there is there a process I can go through to get my minutes back that I have not used that your records indicate I have?

Bradley:

No one can give the minutes back which you have already used, .

Bradley:

And I have already told you that go through with call records process and you can check that.

Kayla Clunen:

Ok but can I dispute the fact that I did not actually use them

?

Bradley:

You have used that and apart from that Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Kayla Clunen:

Can I dispute the fact that I have not used them?

Bradley:

Okay, fine you can check that if you have not used the minutes we will give you back and now make the written request for the call records.

Kayla Clunen:

Once I receive the records how do I dispute them?

Bradley:

You can check with the call records and then get back to us and if there will be the un used minutes , we will definitely give to you.

Kayla Clunen:

Ok, but I know that you have told me your records indicate I have used my minutes, once I receive those records and if they say I have used them how do I dispute the fact that I did not use them?

Bradley:

you will get the records of your every call and you can check your every minutes.

Kayla Clunen:

Ok but they said there is a 13minute phone call on my records if I request my records and I see that on there how do I dispute the fact that I did not make/receive that 13 minute phone call?

Bradley:

We have no details of your phone, so check with your call recaords.

Kayla Clunen:

I dont want to be having this conversation probably as much as you don't I have been on this chat for probably an hour now and have spoke to customer service twice I would not be doing this if it wasnt incorrrect I jsut want my minutes back that I have not used

Kayla Clunen:

Do you guys have any branch locations or anything like that, that I can go speak to someone in person?

Bradley:

If you need any assistance over the phone, you can contact our customer service at 1-877-870-9444 between 9AM-6PM EST Mon-Sat.

Kayla Clunen:

Do you have any offices? Like that I can actually physically go to?

For what?

Kayla Clunen:

Because I would like to speak with someone in person? Do you have any offices I can physically go into and speak with someone?

For what purpose?

Bradley:

Because no one can give you the call records.

Kayla Clunen:

I feel like I would feel more satisfied with what I can tell them and what they can tell me if I did it in person, could you please just answer my question? Are there and branch locations I can physically go into and speak with someone?

Kayla Clunen:

No, there is no place in the United States that I can go to, to physically see someone and speak with them?

ReachOut Wireless

PO Box 247168

Bradley:

Its the registered office, just go there.

Kayla Clunen:

That is a P.O Box I cannot go there to speak with someone from reachout wireless in person

Kayla Clunen:

Is there somewhere I can go to and physically speak with a representative of Rachout??

reachout**

I am sorry.

Bradley:

This is the only address available with us.

Kayla Clunen has sent a file. Click twinkle.txt (959 B) to receive the file.

Kayla Clunen:

oops did not mean to send that file, I apologize.

Kayla Clunen:

Do you know if there are any locations I can go to thought, and where I might be able to find the address of any locations?

Bradley:

Regarding the issue no one is there who can assist you so anything else apart from that I can help you.

Kayla Clunen:

Do you know if there are any locations in the United States I can go to to speak with someone in person and where I might be able to find the physical address of the locations if there are any?

Bradley:

I have already told you that regarding your issue no one can provide you the assistance so just send the written request and check whether you have used the minutes or not.

Kayla Clunen:

But you did not answer my question

Bradley:

I have already answered your all the questions.

Bradley:

You have used the minutes and now I can not do anything with that.

This is my question

Bradley:

Regarding the minutes usage concern there is no person or location available.

Kayla Clunen:

Is there any place period?

Kayla Clunen:

And where might I be bale to find an adress?

Kayla Clunen:

And address of a physical location of Reachout wireless

?

Bradley:

I am sorry we don't have.

Kayla Clunen:

Do you have any physical locations?

ReachOut Wireless

2631 Morse Rd

columbus OH, 43231

Bradley:

This is the only address of our office but they will not give you the call details.

Bradley:

You need to make the written request for that.

8f500240, 2014-07-09, 11:15PM CDT

Wow, they pulled the same crap on me!! They claim I used approximately 300 minutes on data, no, my phone is OLD and has no internet capabilities. As I was on the phone yet again with them today, from my land line, the rep says, "your phone is using data right now. Funny it wasn't even on. I had pulled the battery the look at the ESN, since they once again claimed I had 2 lifeline phones, no, every 2 months like clock work, I don't get my minutes and they say I have to re-enroll, I asked is this going to make it look like I have 2 lifeline phones, like think is what is happening, "oh, no not at all" today during the same call, they proceed to tell me that my number is now a different number?!? I have called the FCC, not just back in June, which they have 30 days to respond, I called them back today to expand the complaint. NO you cannot argue their record keeping. My next call is to a law firm who handles class action lawsuits...who's in!?! BTW I finally had enough of the complete incompetence of the rep, I told her where she put their records, as I have had enough of the BS especially the part of using the data as we were on the phone, and it was off, she had the nerve to say maybe one of my kids did it, I had to remind her that the phone is not only OFF, but and old phone that doesn't even do that. When I told the gentleman at the FCC this, he was just flabbergasted. I told him flat out they are ripping off not only the consumer but Government, and there contract should be ripped form them. Wait, even better, they claim the free minutes cannot be used for the internet, then that I purchased minutes for the phone, really, nope, never did. When I informed them of this, they insisted I did, so I asked,what form of payment was that. That shut her up sooo fast!! Please everyone who has been screwed by ROW call the FCC!!

983b4f1c, 2014-08-03, 07:06PM CDT

I have a phone through reachout wireless as well. Five days after I got it the phone won't even come on. I have called the customer service line on numerous occasions to disconnect my service and to go with another company. They keep telling me that I would get a call to complete the process. It is now a month later and still no call. Called to speak to manager so the agent put me on hold and then came back on the line like he was a supervisor. I think I need to inform the BBB. This makes no sense.