Sears.com - Sears.com Hook and Bait

Posted on Sunday, November 22nd, 2009 at 6:21pm CST by 463d43bd

Product: Sony Vaio

Company: Sears.com

URL: http://Sears.com/

I purchased a netbook from Sears.com that was advertised not only on their site but several others for (77.99)which when searching by price made them the top return result, thats the hook!

So I purchased 2 of them, went through the check out process and paid with my debit card.

I was emailed a confirmation number and sales check number as well as delivery date for my purchase a total of 173.54

the following day I recieved an email which I have pasted below

Dear John,

Thank you for your sears.com order. Your order has been canceled. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We look forward to serving you in the future.

No charge will be assessed to your credit card ************0286

Canceled Items for this Address: VAIO???? 60GB Intel???? Compact Notebook PC - Red

Item #: 00398394000

Tax: $9.36

Environmental fee: $

Shipping Fee: $8.20

Total: $173.54

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Please revisit us at www.sears.com to find a substitute product.

If you have any comments or questions, please e-mail us at [email protected] or call us at 1-800-349-4358.

Best regards,

Sears.com Customer Care

So I contacted them via email and asked why my order had been canceled and the reply is listed below

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Sears.com regarding your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. After investigating your order we found that the order was canceled due to the item being damaged. Your account will be refunded in 7-10 days. We will gladly assist you in reordering your item if you call the number provided below. Again we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We appreciate your business and we thank you for choosing Sears.

>> >>

Look for Great Ideas throughout the store and find Sears exclusive innovations from great brands like Sony, Kenmore, NordicTrack, Craftsman and Reebok.

Shop www.sears.com now to pick up great products for the season.

>>Ashley A.

Sears Customer Care

[email protected]

1-800-349-4358

> >

Original Message Follows:

------------------------

I would like to know how and why my order was canceled ? I did not autherize a cancelation and my account was debit for the total.

I called the customer service number and because my card had charged and I wanted the product

I told the csr that i found it hard to believe 2 netbooks were damaged, he said they were not, the problem was they had been priced wrong and Sears was not going to honor it!!!!

I spoke with several people at sears and the final result was I could have the 2 at a discount and the price was 600.00 each he also stated they had been dealing with this all week and I said if you knew the problem existed then it should have been resolved and I should have never encountered the problem.

Bottom line

Sears.com has no character, They did a clasic hok and bait by allowing the various sites to redirect you to their site purchase the item at the advertised price of 77.99 take your money and the lie saying it was damaged and offer you a "discount" at 600.00 dollars more than 7 times the price that put them at the top of a web driven search engine.

I will follow up with all means in my control until sears does the rite thing and fixes this!!!!!

DO NOT SHOP SEARS AND ALLOW THEM TO DO THIS TO THE CONSUMER ANYMORE!!!!!

I had a similar expierence at Walmart and they stood behind it, so shop there and give the honest buisness they money

GOOOOO WALMART

SearsCares, 2009-12-15, 05:46PM CST

To John,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am very sorry to hear about the issue with the Sears.com order. The laptop was priced incorrectly and we do apologize that we are unable to honor that price. That Sony Vaio model is priced normally at 800.00. There is no retailer that would be able to honor a mislabeled price of this nature. We did want to offer some price concession for you, however. We will be happy to honor the price of 600.00 for the purchase of 1 laptop. If you would like to accept the offer, please contact my office via email at [email protected] and we can contact the online purchases team handling these discounts. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, please provide the screen name (John) used to post here for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian J.