Best Western Inn in the Park - indecent practice

Company: Best Western Inn in the Park

Location: 22 S Carroll Street
Madison, WI, 53703-3309, US

URL: http://www.innonthepark.net/

For our Society of Rheology annual meeting in October 2009, I went to our website at http://www.rheology.org/sor/annual_meeting/2009Oct/lodging.htm

to book two rooms for me and my students. I hit the link to Best Western and looked for a rate close to that on our website. I apparently hit a button to reserve two rooms for three nights that actually amounted to instant purchasing. We usually only make reservations in advance, not purchase. I had not finalized our travel plan at the time. I contacted them within a few days of this mistake and asked them to allow me to make changes from three nights to two nights, more than 1.5 months before the actual date of arrival.

They would not give us a chance to modify the mistaken booking.

Since I made the request very soon after the booking, any reasonable business would have understood why this error needs to be corrected. I have the recording of all correspondences regarding this matter. So please help me resolve this issue. All I ask is for them to refund one night for the two rooms that we could not show to occupy.