Shoppers Choice - Shoppers Choice.com is a ripoff

Posted on Monday, November 2nd, 2009 at 11:39am CST by Rosalyn L. N.

Product: Rosalyn L. Newman

Company: Shoppers Choice

Location: Internet, TX, 76063, US

URL: http://www.ShoppersChoice.com/

Shoppers Choice!

Why Shop With Us? 100% Satisfaction Guarantee & Real Customer Service!

That's a lie! Yes, as shoppers we have lots of choices. And here is why:

I spoke with you all this morning regarding this. The agent I spoke with is named Joshua at 877-743-2269. Obviously, you guys really don't care about customers because you are refusing to honor the price shown. All he said to me was "thank you for pointing out the error." I will never shop with you and this letter is going to be posted across the internet to show your lack of concern.

BTW, the page is NOT inactive and is still showing just fine. You now show the product to be unavailable. Click on the link for yourself, you all still haven't corrected it:

--- On Mon, 11/2/09, ShoppersChoice.com LLC <[email protected]> wrote:

From: ShoppersChoice.com LLC <[email protected]>

Subject: Re: food dehydrator

To: [email protected]

Date: Monday, November 2, 2009, 9:28 AM

Hello,

I'm sorry but the web page you provided shows an inactive item and an "no longer available" icon. I'm sorry, but we cannot supply you this product.

Please keep in mind that we are answering hundreds of emails daily. To expedite your service please copy and paste previous correspondences when replying to our emails.

************************************

Shopperschoice.com owns and operates many of the top sites online including bbqguys.com, ultimatepatio.com, gaslogguys.com, homeappliancecenter.com, outdoorkitchensdepot.com and over 50 others!!

************************************

ShoppersChoice.com

Customer Service Team

877-743-2269

--- [email protected] wrote:

From: "Customer Service" <[email protected]>

To: [email protected]

Subject: New Website Contact Form

Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 02:55:41 -0500 (CDT)

A user has submitted an e-mail form from the contact page on shopperschoice.com. Following is the information they supplied:

Name:

Email Address: [email protected]

Phone Number:

Comment: I did a Google search and came up with a food dehydrator for sale for $32.13.

I'm willing to pay that since that is the photo for the item shown. I want the item in the photo which is a dehydrator...and you are advertising That photo for That price of $32.13

Rosalyn L. N., 2009-11-21, 03:34AM CST

See, this is another rip off company. I won't be shopping with them! Let's make sure everyone knows about this one.

Rosalyn L. N., 2009-12-14, 12:43AM CST

Link still shows valid....another scamming company that does not stand behind its advertising.

6302fe13, 2010-04-07, 11:31AM CDT

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience shopping with us, and I would like to talk to you directly if you wouldn't mind to see how we can do better in the future. Additionally, I would like to offer my assessment of what happened, then an apology, and then an explanation of the action that we will take now that I am aware of this issue.

Since I haven't talked to you yet, I am not sure of the whole story, but I would like to list a few of my first thoughts on these issues.

I would urge you to revisit this page again:

This page will still come up, but if you look under the price, you will notice that we mention the product is unavailable, and there is no add to cart button. This is how our system handles items that are no longer available.

From what I can gather, you found this product on an affiliate site before coming to our site. The '?PID=2007032' at the end of the web address you posted is a tag that we use to pay commissions to people who advertise our products for us. Essentially, we make all of our product information available to people (called affiliates) who wish to advertise products online but don't want to handle fulfillment. Occasionally, we run into affiliate marketers who do not update their sites as they should. This can cause a situation where a customer comes to our site expecting one thing, and we show them something completely different. When we get reports of this, we contact the affiliate marketer and work with them to solve the problem. I will be passing this along to our affiliate manager as soon as I am done replying so he can get this affiliate worked out.

Lastly, Joshua should have done a better job explaining the situation to you, working with you to find a solution, and bringing this information to our tech team so they could fix it immediately. I am sorry this did not happen. While I would love to say we are always 100% on the ball, the truth is that we are human, and we do mess up from time to time. However, we are willing to try to make things right, and I think that our willingness to try to fix what we mess up is what makes our company different. For what it is worth, we do maintain a 96% customer satisfaction rating through Amazon.com, and you can see that history here:

We really do our best to offer the best customer service online, and I think if you give us the chance, we can earn back your trust. Please feel free to contact me about this if you wouldn't mind sparing the time, so I can make sure I fully understand what happened and solve it appropriately.

Thanks,