DirectTV

Posted on Tuesday, November 17th, 2009 at 9:53pm CST by 4471ff20

Product: Cable

Company: DirectTV

URL: http://www.directtv.com/

I signed-up for DirectTV service 2 weeks ago. When I spoke to the sales representative, I was told that I will be getting the following price

$19.99 for preferred choice package for 14 months + $14.99 for international channel + 10 HD-Access Fee (waived for first 6 months though) + 5 equipment charges + $6 DVR fee

Sales person asked me to register online before the installation - so I did that, then she asked me to go ahead and register for rebate and I told her I don't see any link to do that. Then she did something on her side and said that I am all set and I will have to pay only $45 for the first 6 months, then it becomes $55 for 14 months and then it becomes 72.

With all that said, I signed-up and get a bill after two weeks for $72. I called customer service and tried to explain they asked me to register for rebate online and said that I will get the rebate after 6 to 8 weeks. Which was not exactly what we talked about. So, told them that's not right, but the customer service rep asked me to look online to see if I even see the rebate. I clicked on the rebate link and I saw that the rebate was for $11 for 12 months (not $16 for 14 months as promised by the sales person) and also it said that i am not ineligible. So, I was transfered to the customer rep's supervisor, who after a long conversation escalated the issue to her boss.

After 3 business days, I did not get any response, but I have a bill to pay, so I called customer service rep and they say that it will take 6 to 8 weeks for escalation department to get back to me, but I have to pay my bill (i.e., $72). I tried to explain that this is not the amount I discussed with the sales person.

At this point, I have no options left. I tried my best to resolve the issue, but there isn't a single person willing to resolve my issue. I feel that DirectTV did not deliver what they promised and I feel that they are not following fair business practices, since they provided wrong information during the sales process and did not resolve the problem in a timely fashion. I have no way to disconnect my service, since I have two-year agreement and I have pay a huge fine to disconnect.