Dish Network - Dish Network Unauthorized Access to Checking Account

Company: Dish Network

Location: DishNetwork
US

URL: http://DishNetwork.com /

I called Dish Network to see about service. Everything sounded okay and I had had their service before. They told me they were going to run $1.00 through my account and back out. I called my landlord and she told me that she was not allowing anymore dishes and the ones up had to come down. I called Dish Network back within two hours of the first call and informed them that I couldn't have the dish and the guy on the phone said, "It looks like they have already run the $224.76. We will have to put in for a refund. It has now been five days and counting and Dish Network still has my money and will not return it for another 5-7 business days. No matter who I talk to they all say they are sorry and basically admit that it shouldn't have been run from my card, but no, they can't do any thing about it. I know that is a lie. Walmart and any other retailer can put the money right back into your account, yet Dish Network gets to keep your money for two weeks! When they had no right to it in the first place. Why did this happen? It is part of the same old corporate nonsense that I have seen my self. Keeping the money for a while looks good on the books and they will keep doing it for as long as they can get away with it. Plus salepeople on those phones draw commission and this way they can be paid for it in one pay period and have it go against them in another. I have known many who play that game. They are usually the death of companies but the management can never see it until it is too late.

e5f1c98f, 2011-02-01, 08:34AM CST

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network. I apologize about the bad experience you had. When you sign up with DISH Network we do a one dollar hold to qualify you for the promotion, than with permission if you qualify and choose to go forward we charge your card for the first bill. It sounds like that after we set up the account you called your landlord and she declined. When you called back we did cancel the account and submit a refund. I understand it can be very frustrating when you need money and it is not available, but keep in mind DISH Network does not gain anything from holding your money more than necessary and we make every effort to process as quickly as possible. If you have any other questions please let us know.

e5f1c98f, 2011-02-01, 11:01AM CST

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network. I understand your frustration when receiving UN wanted calls. We have suppliers that will provide your information to us, they obtain this from you when you apply for something or enter a raffle or things like that with them. If you want to be added to our DO NOT CALL list please email me your information and I would be happy to ensure you are entered. Keep in mind we have 3rd party retailers that can sell our services so if you receive a call from them you will need to have them add you to their list. My email address is [email protected]