David's Bridal in Brooklyn - David's Bridal delivering wrong items

Company: David's Bridal in Brooklyn

Location: 1628 Flatbush Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11210
Brooklyn, NY, 11210, US

URL: http://www.davidsbridal.com/

I visited the David's Bridal store in Brooklyn to buy my wedding gown and other items. The consultant was helpful, but I did not realize that when she was billing me, she put in the order not the corset I tried in the shop, but a completely different model. I paid for the combined delivery of the items to my home address in a different state. A few weeks later I got an email saying that I need to pick up the corset at the store. It wasn't an option, first of all, because I am away from NY, and the corset # was different from what I tried in the shop. I called the store. First, the secretary left me on hold transfering to someone who was not picking up the phone. I hung up after 7 minutes, called again and asked her to check that someone is ready to pick up before transfering me. She tried to compain, but I knew from my visit to the shop that she is sitting literally around the corner from the associates and could just turn her head and call for them. Then I spend about 20 minutes talking to an associate. He tried to talk me into several options that required more payment, such as delivery of different packages etc. I insisted that they should send me the corset I tried in the shop, together with my dress, for which delivery I had already been charged. Finally, we agreed on these conditions and on refund of the difference in price of corset (the one they tried to push on me was more expensive).

Now, it's been two months since my visit. They delivered a box with a corset, which is neither what I tried nor the one they tried to send before. It does not fit me. I tried to find a corporate contact of David's Bridal, but they do not provide and feedback or contact forms online. I can only try to call the shop in Brooklyn again, or give up and buy the corset I wanted online, of course for an extra charge. I am very upset with this "service" of pushing on me the items I have never tried or ordered, and with the absence of contact information to get in touch with the company.

ee5917c6, 2010-03-04, 07:26PM CST

It is unfortunate but the Davids Bridal in Brooklyn has terrible service. I know it is not kleinfield's but get serious! The associates leave you by yourself for periods of time. It is the worst experience for what is supposed to be the best day of your life. It really is a shame and I hope someone in corporate takes the time to revamp this store. Its absolutely terrible!