Samsung USA - Samsung Poor Product and Customer Service

Posted on Thursday, June 25th, 2009 at 3:45pm CDT by 51c56d7a

Product: Samsung BD-P1600A/XAA Blueray DVD player

Company: Samsung USA

URL: http://samsung.com

We purchased a brand new Samsung BD-P1600A/XAA Blueray DVD player on June 2nd together with a LCD TV and the DVD player was defective. We use their online service center and created the support request on June 10th and we then sent in the DVD player for repair on the 11th. On June 15th, we were notified via email by Samsung that they have receive the player and we should be getting it back within 7 business days.

We never receive any update afterward and on day 6, we call their customer service center only to be transfer from one department to another and still, there is no solution other than that there is a part needed but the part is on back order. We call the next day and we were transfer to its executive customer service department and we were assured by the employee there that once we fax in our receipt, we will be given a new DVD player because we shouldn't be waiting for back order parts and we should receive an email update shortly but still, no response and we have to call in again today (June 25th) only to find out that

1) The employee by the name "Craig" who had assisted us does not exist (I asked for his direct line but he won't provide it and he won't give me his last name.)

2) They cannot find the receipt we had faxed in.

We then ask to speak to a supervisor, we were told that the supervisor is out and there is no one there to speak to us and the rep ask us to give them another 24 hours to find the receipt.

Samsung will not be getting any more business from us as well as our friends and family. All I can say is buyer be aware.

e1bdb9ce, 2009-10-07, 09:38AM CDT

I just sent in a friends for repair. Samsung uses a place in NJ for repair and Samsung agent gave me their 800#. When I called them, they sent me a UPS shipping label for return. I taped it to the original carton and they had it the next day. As promised, it was fixed in 5 business days. However, this company is now soak testing it for 48 hours. Good idea as the unit broke 48 hours after it was bought. They also told me I will get a manifest of repairs. Nice to know they didnt just hit some hidden reset button. Hope to get hte unit back Friday. Your results may vary