Grupo Mayan - horrible experience with Grupo Mayan, BIG FRAUD!!

Posted on Tuesday, June 23rd, 2009 at 4:59pm CDT by 6b8b97b1

Company: Grupo Mayan

Location: MX

I am writing this to describe what it was a horrible experience with Grupo Mayan.

On November 2008 we went on vacations to Puerto Vallarta. Everything was excellent until the day we were approached by Sam. He started offering us free products and tours in exchange for going to a 2 hours (maximum he said) presentation.

We told him we are not interested, but he begged to us to attend this presentation and that way he will make some money, so we agreed.

We attend this presentation from 9 am. until 2pm. (more than 4 hours). This was the first lie.

During this time we met a several high pressure salesmen, they stated this could be a good "investment". I was very clear to them that I am retired and I cannot travel anymore, also I told them that I cannot afford this "investment", we felt quite harrassed and repeatedly said NO. Then, they came back with a special offer and said "NOT TO TELL ANYONE", they assured with this offer, not to worry, because they VERBALLY GUARANTEED they will rent my weeks and with the rental money I can offset the maintenance fees and within 5 years I will recover the money I put in this investment. I asked them if I can cancel this contract and they told me I can do it until I get home, because my contract is not issued in the system. At this time, we were so exhausted that we agreed to sign the contract. (BIG MISTAKE) and after this we thought we could relax and enjoy our vacations.

To our dismay, when we got home, all the benefits the sales staff said we would get with this membership were turning out to be untrue.

We called them and we tried to cancel this contract, but they just said the cancellation period has passed. Another Lie.

We checked the information of Grupo Mayan on the web, and for our surprise, we found many others trying to recover their monies.

We now realize, a few months later, that everything we were sold is a LIE, the people from Grupo Mayan has stolen our money, abused our innocence and patience, using NO ETHICAL SALES TACTICS and MISLEADING INFORMATION.

e677b058, 2011-02-17, 02:50PM CST

NOTHING I READ THAT IS IN THESE COMMENTS IS NEW WHEN A PERSON HAS GONE THROUGH THE SAME EXPERIENCE MORE OR LESS. LIES IS A MATTER OF COURSE AT THE GRUPO MAYAN. THEY COULD "SELL SNOW TO AN ESKIMO!", AS THEY SAY IN ENGLAND. YES, LIES, LIES AND MORE LIES!!! THIS IS THE METHOD THEY USE FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE END.

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT WITH ALL THEY MIGHT!

Eva C., 2013-04-20, 10:36AM CDT

Mayan Palace sales tactics are hardcore and they will tell you anything you want to hear to get you into the contract and keep you in contract with them. It is too common for the sales representative to offer you an upgrade if you already own a timeshare with them. This is a good article on how most of the mayan palace timeshare scams are being committed and how to get out of them: