Experian - Experian ripping off consumers

Posted on Sunday, June 21st, 2009 at 8:03am CDT by e68b5098

Product: credit reporting agency

Company: Experian

URL: http://www.experian.com/

They take your payment info. and there is no way to remove the info. They use deceptive practices and before you know it you are charged again! I odered a 3 in 1 report from them on 6-10 and on 6-21 I am only able to see theirs. Also it says 7 day a week support, but they are actually closed on sat and sun. Beware!!!!

e2e1686f, 2009-06-21, 01:47PM CDT

It's apparent that Experian does not comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. I attempted to order my annual free credit report. Access to free credit reports online are seamless & transparent for Equifax and Transunion. Not so for Experian. Not only is it difficult (read impossible) to simply access your report without jumping through a series of endless hoops, they appear to be running an online scam as well. This month, after attempting to get my free credit report from Experian, my credit card was charged for three subscriptions for credit monitoring by "CIC Triple Advantage." When I called to dispute these charges, I learned that CIC Triple advantage is an "Experian Consumer Direct" company! My, my, my. Not only does Experian not comply with the Free Credit Reporting Act, but they also scam the consumers.

I'm writing every regulatory agency I know plus the congressional oversight committee to put a stop to these crooks.