Webunion Media Ltd DBA: A4desk.com - A4desk software is not working properly but they wouldn't give me a refund!!!

Posted on Saturday, June 20th, 2009 at 12:24pm CDT by 80d69544

Product: A4Desk Flash Photo Gallery Builder - Flash Photo Gallery Software

Company: Webunion Media Ltd DBA: A4desk.com

Location: HK

URL: http://gallery.a4desk.com/

I'm an online entrepreneur and have been updating my website for weeks. I recently bought a photo gallery software from A4desk.com, which I later found out is part of the company Webunion Media Ltd, based in Hongkong.

I paid $39.00 for this software. I even signed up for the trial to see if it's worth my money. During the trial period,I was able to make a photo gallery but when I tried to upload the gallery on my website, an error occurred and I thought it's because I don't have any license yet. So I bought the license but same thing happened. I contacted them and they quickly replied I should contact my web hosting company because I would have to use the ftp settings they have. I did. My web hoster is storesonlinepro.com. They gave me the ftp I was requesting. I tried it on the A4desk software but it still didn't work. I contacted customer service again, they said the same thing (even tried selling me their web hosting service which is ridiculous and unprofessional!).

So needless to say, I tried uploading the gallery so many times but to no avail. I finally gave up and asked them for a refund. Well, to my surprise, they never even send any message to me! I emailed them 3 times explaining what happened and requesting for a refund. I still have to hear from them. I'm upset and so disappointed at this company.

I hope this complaint will serve as a warning to any potential buyers or businesses out there. Please be wary of how unprofessional Webunion Media Ltd/ A4Desk was to me. Guard your money and I strongly advise you to steer away from this HK-based company!

05d28728, 2009-06-22, 02:27AM CDT

We have replied all your emails and as suggested, the problem is with your hosting company. You need full FTP access from your hosting company in order to upload the files correctly. Seems to us the hosting plan you signed up do not have full FTP support.

The free-trial of our software, including the FTP function is fully functional, and any user can fully tested it before the registration. Do you have any other web hosting a/c you can test it with?

We have already emailed you and suggested that we can provide you a free web hosting a/c, so that you can test with it and find out if the problem is actually caused by your hosting company.

80d69544, 2009-06-23, 10:05AM CDT

You have emailed me nothing regarding about the refund which was the issue in the first place.

I wasn't able to use your software. Storesonlinepro.com CANNOT help me. the ftp setting they have is ftp.storesonlinepro.com, and it seems not compatible with your software. You're not even offering me any solution except selling me your stupid web hosting service as an alternative. Are you insane? I'm happy with Storesonlinepro.com. I'm not happy with your services, do you think I'll jump in and pay you again?

The right thing to do here is give me a full refund. Look, I will not stop. I will bug you. I don't care if its just $39, your product did not deliver. I want my refund.

80d69544, 2009-06-23, 10:06AM CDT

80d69544, 2009-06-23, 10:07AM CDT

80d69544, 2009-06-23, 10:24AM CDT

You have not really addressed the issue here. Your software is not working and my web hosting company is not able to help me. They gave me their ftp setting but it doesn't seem to be working right with your software. And the only solution you can offer is to pay you for your hosting services?! YOU ARE BEING RIDICULOUS! It's your software that's not working right. The ftp setting Storesonlinepro gave me is correct, and it's the only one they have. You are bound to help me as the maker and seller of the software but you are not helping me at all! You are instead selling me another of your lousy products. I wasn't able to use your software at all. The only reason I purchased it is for my web gallery. I still don't have the gallery uploaded, and I don't think I'll ever do.

Just admit that I am right and give me a full refund. It's as simple as that.

855ba22b, 2009-06-23, 10:26AM CDT

Just admit that I am right and give me a full refund. It's as simple as that.