Direct TV - Here is Direct TV's CEO's contact info

Posted on Friday, June 19th, 2009 at 4:15pm CDT by c829bc4f

Product: Cable TV

Company: Direct TV

Location: 6271 NC HWY 705 S, NC, 27325, US

I HATE Direct TV. They've about mad me insane with anger trying to get problems corrected. So, for all you others frustrated who are told you cannot have corporate management contact information:

Mr. Chase Carey, President & CEO

2230 East Imperial Highway

Elsegundo CA 90245

310-964-5000

Take it out on the Wizard of Oz hiding away from consumers. Annoy his office directly!!!

Don't give up the fight. Ever.

901a392b, 2009-08-28, 06:11PM CDT

Chase Carey is no longer the CEO at Direct Tv. He now works for Rupert Murdoch. The Interim CEO is Larry D Hunter and his email address is: [email protected] The email will come back as undeliverable as mine did but im sure he gets it because he got mine yesterday and today I received an email from one Nicole Martin who magically made my early termination fee dissapper

10adff2a, 2009-09-03, 02:44PM CDT

You will have to wait 3 days to get a replacement receiver if yours goes out. They don't care if you have people coming to a family gathering. It's not their problem. I spoke with 2 supervisors ( 1 which was very rude ) and the CEO's secretary who could not get me a box sooner than 3 days. She was going to try, so that is what I am hanging my hat on. VERY DISAPPOINTING !! I WILL BE CANCELING MY SUBSCRIPTION THE DAY MY AGREEMENT IS UP !!!

17e4b0f1, 2009-10-30, 01:38PM CDT

I also dispise Direct TV, they didn't show up for install 1st install appointment all the while I phoned them and they said they were "in route" all day. A week later, they installed and tech drilled into my air condidtioner lost all cooliant. Supervisor came over they said for me to fix it and they would pay me back in "10 day" it took 9 weeks. I had to write a check to air conditioning repair service for a new air conditioner it was beyond repair. Two thousand five huncred dollars, yes $2500.00. They charged me the entire time they did not repay my money I was so angry I didn't pay my bill, they had the nerve to charge me a late fee. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, DO NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERROR OR COMPENSATE FOR BORROWING MY MONEY AND SAID IF I REQUESTED IT THEY WOULD HOLD MY $2,500.00 UNTIL I SETTLED. BLACKMALE! Horrible company, terrible service I'd rather pay cable more money and loose this company from the entire business world.

bc1071a0, 2009-12-04, 02:44PM CST

I totally hate Direct TV.

They more or less foreced me into buying my receivers in march in order to receive HD channels. Their customer service dept totally sucks. Due to the costs, bad relations I switched to Dish after. After 7 years of being a customer and buying the receivers I have to return the receivers to them and pay an early cancellation fee.

5086d1c8, 2009-12-11, 09:25PM CST

Let me begin by saying that I was a loyal account holder for several years, off and on as I moved with my company (USAF). September of this year I broke my contract when I moved out of a townhouse and into a brand new home. I moved over to Comcast Cable due to the price difference, approximating but with Direct TV I was paying $165.00 a month just for television where as I'm paying that now with Comcast with Telephone and internet and ALL of their offered channels. However, when I breached my contract with Direct TV I paid the agreed upon fee of $200.00 (Think I was two months early of my two years). However during the move I went on a deployment with my job, leaving my spouse alone to move from the Townhouse to the new house. We received the boxes to return the receivers I had, but unfortunately we were late getting them back. I received a notice in the mail and I called Direct TV the same night I received the notice. I informed your company it was just an oversight and I will have the items in the mail in short order, I mailed the merchandise out 3 days later. On the fourth day, my debit card that I had set up on the website was billed $716.00. The receivers were in your warehouse perhaps the day after this fee was assessed to my card. I felt at the time that my money was stolen, it took hours of phone calls over several weeks to finally re-appropriate my money.

356616ad, 2009-12-19, 08:57AM CST

Thanks for this info. I am sending an immediate letter, registered mail, and a phone call to the CEO. Direct TV is corrupt, deceptive and they need to be stopped for exploiting consumers. They are a corporation in control, just as bad as the Banks and lending institutions. Note, I blame our legislators for allowing this kind of thing to happen to the consumer - We the People -- and I am e-mailing my two Senators, Collins and Snowe in Maine, with copies of my confounded bills that make no sense. I was supposed to be signed up for one year at 29.95 plus tax, and my bills have been DIFFERENT every month, they acknowledged they made some errors, but the charges are different for each month I have had the service. Go figure??? The clerks are clueless. One clerk did make some sense of it but it seems I was decieved when I placed my order over the internet and spoke via e-net to the representative on signing up. It is a maze of clerks, and the system is complicated. Supposedly I was hooked up by a distributor, not direct TV itself. Another disaster in their advertising. I am at this point not trusting them, and since I have read all these horror stories I am addressing my issue before I cancel their service and making sure I don't get stuck with some bill I don't owe. I would not recommend them to anyone. I had an antenna and was happy with that until the Digital signals forced me to get rid of it. My trees block the signal. Well, I am going to have no TV when I cancel the contract. My computer is good enough. If it werent for the computer we would be in a slave nation. But, I bet the day is coming we won't have much freedom on the internet either. America the once beautiful has gone bye-bye. Thanks for all the tips everyone!!! Keep up the fight, I am with you!! JFB

30e1513c, 2009-12-26, 10:33PM CST

Being eight month pregnant, the company expect me to go over my roof every time I loss the signal this is unbelievable.

5d9b446a, 2010-02-02, 11:18PM CST

Oh I am beyond disappointed with Direct Tv. They somehow were under the impression that i was canceling my service when I called last month. I argued with them about a rebate form i was supposed to receive and never did. They tried to say they gave it to me via email. So when I called last month they promised me credit on my next bill for overcharges. well instead of crediting me they canceled my service WENT into my checking account and took out 680 dollars for cancellation fees, etc. I WAS SO LIVID. when i called them they said that it was from non payment for 30 days past due. your account goes into cancellation and they have the right to charge your account/card on file. It is supposedly in your customer agreement. well i told them i did not want to cancel and they said i would be refunded the money within 72 hour. 72 hour rolls around money is still not back into my checking account. I call them again and they inform me that they will mail me my check within ten business days. I explain everything to the supervisor in billing. they tell me a supervisor, that i am sorry your wasting my time!!! completely absurd and very very bad business. i am beyond disgusted with them!!!

4c3272fe, 2010-02-09, 01:34PM CST

When I signed up for DTV Qwest wasnt honest to me said I was in a one year contract only to find out from the company I was stuck in a 2 year contract which I DID NOT agree to it was even recorded (funny no one is willing to look up the recording when I corrected the lady that called and said No I signed up for a 1 yr contract,her reply was ok and moved on to the next questions ) she would not correct or check into my complaint.Of course DTV said I was allowed to cancell my contract with early termination fees...I said I agreed to 1 yr thats all Im paying for it has taken me 1 1/2 yrs to find the correct contact info for DTV's ceo it clearly states on the web page if your not satisfied please contact us...why when they are not willing to fix there mistakes.Qwest told me I had to deal with DTV and DTV kept telling me to deal with qwest funny how they kept passing the buck until today...when I got the correct number to the president of DTV 310-964-5000 he wont even take calls and if your not satisfied to bad DEAL WITH IT AND PAY THE CANCELATION FEE..of coarse this proves to me they are out to line their pockets and not willing to rectafied their company mistakes.I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND DTV TO ANYONE,AS A MATTER OF FACT I WONDER HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE WENT THROUGH THE SAME THING.I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU ADD YOUR GRIEVANCE ON THIS SITE.HOW CAN THEY SAY IF YOUR NOT 100 % HAPPY, CALL, THATS A LOAD OF CRAP..I called they said its not there fault there employee made a mistake and said I recieved a letter stating this ageement I DID NOT and the installer allowed my friend (visiting) that I didnt authorize to sign my contract while I was in the bathroom. it wasnt my signature but they dont care DONT TRUST DTV THEN DONT WANT TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT YOUR $ IN THEIR POCKETS ...DTV SHOULD CHANGE THEIR NAME TO SCREW YOU.THIS NEEDS TO BE TAKEN TO A HIGHER AUTHORITY IM SURE SOMEWHERE OUT THERE EVEN A JUDGE HAS BEEN DONE THE SAME WAY FROM DTV..THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU ONLY YOUR MONEY DONT USE DTV

be151397, 2010-02-15, 11:18AM CST

need email address please for Mr. Chase Carey, here is my story, approx 5 months ago i was called and offered the NFL Sunday Ticket Pkg for the same price i was currently paying for Total Choice pkg. I was very thorough with Brittany Potts (rep for Direct TV) was assured that when the promotion ended i could call and go back to EXACT pkg and PRICE i was paying before the promotion. Well here's the catch, when i called to change back, guess what? Now the same pkg i was receiving has been discontinued and even though it's the exact pkg, it now has a new name and $5 more per month. So these callers are LYING to customers, apparently they must work on commission and can scam you anyway they want. And something else when you ask for a supervisor to help resolve your problem, they will not give you their name, how convenient then you can't even have a record of who told you the information. When you go on line to check their pkg prices they are about $20 less, but you can't have those prices because it's for new customers only, I have had Direct tv since 1999, oh they comment each time you talk to them about being a loyal customer, but it's really about being a sucker to keep paying their prices. So, learn to play their games and keep switching services every year between cable and satellite to get the NEW Customer pricing. This company is such a RIP OFF, it makes me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

164a2968, 2010-02-15, 06:52PM CST

I just called Direct TV to receive an estimate on services that they offered. I told the woman that I had just spoken to my Cox cable rep and wanted to compare services. I spent 40 minutes on the phone with this woman going over different options and costs. When I felt I had all the information I needed, I asked the woman if she could e-mail me the estimate so I could discuss it with my wife. She asked "why do you need to talk to your wife?"I explained that I have been married to her for 24 years and I don't do anything without discussing it with her first. The sales person asked for my Social Security Number which I refused to give her and asked why she needed it?. She stated she could set up everything i.e. billing etc., so all I had to do was call back after speaking with my wife, should we decide to change to direct TV. I said that would be fine, but repeatedly, (and I mean REPEATEDLY) confirmed with her that this was a simple estimate, and I was not buying ANYTHING. She assured me that she was just getting all the information she needed, and that included my debit card number, so all I would have to do was call in with my account and confirmation number and my service could be activated. AGAIN I made it clear to her that this was not an order and just an estimate, and again she assured me that I was NOT signing up for anything, and that the offer was for a limited time, and I needed to call back as soon as I spoke with my wife to get the "deal" we had worked out . She told me to expect an e-mail within the hour. When I received the e-mail, I was shocked to see that it said that I had in fact signed up for service and a technician would be arriving at my house on Feb 28 between 8:00 and 12:00. I immediately called Direct TV and told them to undo everything and that I had ordered nothing. The person on the phone "William" told me that I did order service and that he was unable to cancel my "order" I asked to speak to a supervisor. After a few minutes, "Buster" employee # 519463 came on the line and said that yes I had ordered service, but he would cancel the order and I would receive a refund in four or five days. I said REFUND?!!! I was repeatedly told that I was not being charged ANYTHING until I called back and agreed to the order. I asked for e-mail confirmation of the cancellation and he told me he couldn't, and I would just have to "trust him" I asked him how he was going to cancel my "account"? , he said at his computer. I asked, " you are going to cancel my "account" at your computer, but you CAN'T send me a confirmation e-mail that it has in fact been canceled?, although there was NO PROBLEM sending me an e-mail confirming my "order" He said no he couldn't

This whole thing is outrageous! And nothing short of fraud and outright theft. Immediately after getting off the phone with them I "Googled" Direct TV complaints. I couldn't find one, not one single positive comment about this company.

So I'm going to turn this story over to every consumer protection agency there is. These guys are crooks and will not stop these illegal activities unless they get a little "help"

164a2968, 2010-02-15, 06:55PM CST

923238a7, 2010-02-27, 03:54PM CST

I totally agree with this complaint. Even though I told "Sam" in the Philipines I was going to fight the early disconnect, today 2/27/10, Direct TV withdrew not only the $400+ from my bank accout, they withdrew $746.05. I am still awaiting their prepaid Fedex boxes to return their equipment. I was told I would have local access when ordering(of course that's a lie. I was told after contacting Directtv, our local channels would not waive. I took me a total of 30 minutes to find that Dircttv has never approached our local channels for waiver or otherwise.

68d5973d, 2010-03-22, 10:19AM CDT

I ordered Direct TV in Octo 2008. I tried to cancel in Jul 2009 but was told I had a 12 month "agreement". Something I knew nothing about. I decided to keep Direct TV as I got a roommate and things eased financially. He asked me and I agreed to his ordering a DVR from Direct TV. This was in Oct 2009. I called today, Mar 22, 2010 to cancel service and was told when the DVR was ordered I now had a 2 YEAR AGREEMENT and could not cancel without paying $330. They are a fraudlent company. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

80122975, 2010-04-10, 03:45PM CDT

Is it [email protected] or ld_hunter@directv? They just screwed me over. I made payment beyond what was required before the due date and called to let them know I made it through my bank's bill pay and they disconnected me saying they haven't received any payment. I talked to 5 different people telling them that is why I called and told them I made a pmt through bill pay !! TOTAL MORONE!! Going back to cable tv!

a7d8684b, 2010-08-09, 03:53PM CDT

How About Michael White, the new president and CEO of DirecTV??? Does anyone know how to contact the new Wizard?

c875f634, 2010-10-08, 01:24AM CDT

Hello MR, Chase Carey, "Agent of change"

It is good that you can be reached to be able to have the opportunity to offer my "Valued concerns"

On my job we absolutely CAN NOT use "Customer Complaints" it implies that it would be cavalierly prejudging their input as not being recognized as worthwhile before applied and religates it to a demeaning meaning. PLease LOSE the word "Complaint" on your website it sounds accusitory.and The word ANNOY MOCKS the submitter also I suggest you use "Apply" your information that can make a differance

Please rethink how you can appear more serious about the needs of those who are wanting good answers to legitimate questions.

Now to why I am writing you . It seems there is NO REQUARD for the person who works after hours in need of activating the receiver? the attendant on duly applogies "SCHEDULED DOWN FOR MAINTANANCE" On my job we never applogize We praise the person for their patience and understanding.we repeat we are committment to getting to bottom of any issue that impacts the service you deserve.

Now the reality You are a 24 hour business there should be available at least one server that you could record the receiver data and transfer or mirror data later after "Scheduled Maintainace" Funny you pay good money for a service persons to be availble why are they limited or handcuffed to "the decition "aw we don't need to do that" Or maybe maintain a mindset is that really necessary? the Customer can wait until DIRECT TV'S convience during regular hours. You are probably aware most business who appreciate the needs of it's valued customers recognize the computer system never goes down there is a back up running as alternate to process the exchange of money or information.

Before you back away from my concerns Please put youself in my place I waited three days to get my receiver only to be told "YOU have no choise but to wait till tomorrow when we can activate your receiver. I love to watch TV while eating in the den. My Wife doesn't like me to eating in the bedroom and watching tv! She has her own programs to watch too. The worse is having to be reminded by her unnecessarily"I thought when the new DIRECT TV receiver arrived you could set it up, I am not going to not be able to watch my program I don't like you eating "OVERSTATED" during the biggest loser show"!!! Please be sensive to a happy life Make a happy wife or husband or valued customers after hours. It is obvious you genuinely care about "Customer intimatecy" to allow yourself to be asked and say "Help us help you' and mean it.

Please reply when not if.

Respectfully Paul and Mary Soucey

bb0c2841, 2010-10-14, 07:11PM CDT

i think directv is a joke.. my mom left my dad awhile back, my dad tried to get driect tv and they told my dad he has to show proof of my mom leaving,,i should sue the f**** out of direct tv... they are just making it worse.. for my dad

0f9c95cb, 2010-10-16, 06:29PM CDT

RE: your most recent TV ad. Do you really want your company represented by murder and theft?

Anonymous, 2010-10-22, 10:42AM CDT

I had called last Monday October 11,2010 to have services installed,the funds were immediately debited form my account,on October 13,2010 i actually call into the company to find out,if i could get a technician out to my home before 10/14/10 and was advised by the representative that my order was placed on hold due to another person that owed a bill at my address from 7years ago. They were trying to make me pay this bill.which i refused,then the order was suppose to be canceled that day and the funds transfered back into my account in 3 to 5 business days,today it has been 8 days and the funds arent in my account,so i call back to find out why funds have not been credited back to my account,only to find out that the order was never canceled,when i had talked to several representatives,who had advised my account was canceled last week.Today i talk to a representative who said she was canceling my account today and i would have to wait another 3 to 5 business days, this whole sitaution has been a nightmare, i would not recommend this company to my worst enemy..they are a complete rip off and giving customers the run around,very unprofessional..and the owner of this business doesnt seem to care that the people who represent his company are so unprofessional and not doing there jobs correctly.this is bad for business. what do us consumers have to do to get out issues resolved and businesses not continuing to rip us off and provide us with poor customer service.

12e7084d, 2010-11-14, 12:13PM CST

Direct TV seems so greedy. Many of their promotions are designed to suck you in then the prices shoot up. My wife and I pay $150/month and that doesn't even include pay movies or sports such as the season specials they advertise to football or hockey fans etc. That could pay off many peoples credit cards or pay the heating bill. Most homeowners are actually "underwater' owe more than the house is worth, is it wise to give that much to DirectTV?

Lets say you can afford it...be aware:

Those specials renew automatically each year and if you miss next year's deadline to drop the sports special they refuse to allow you to drop it until another year, claiming you are just tricking them trying to watch the first few months of the season for free. This happened to us when we first became customers and never asked for the football package in the first place then could not cancel it. AS if Id do that.. I don;t know if Bret Farve is a city in Iowa or a quaterback except for the sexting scandal he was aught up in.. that's what I know about football. Yet they snuck football in my programming and accused me of trying to trick them when I asked to cancel several months after football season started .. Just an example of the other side of their specials they advertise on TV like those famous football commercials.

Good reason to NOT refer a friend to DirectTV...they get free programs at first then a huge bill later, some friend I'd be to do that to them. I wouldn't do that to a friend for the $100 DirectTV offers us.

12e7084d, 2010-11-14, 12:14PM CST

Lets say you can afford it...be aware:

42692588, 2010-11-23, 07:57AM CST

It's not Direct TV I hate, it is the service my 86 year young Mother has received from the idiots that run your company. I talked my Mother into getting Direct TV for the quality of the viewing. She has been legally blind for almost 50 years and has to sit about 12" from the screen to see. When I signed her up, it took the new trainee over 2 hours on the phone. She still didn't get it right and someone else came on to help. They too didn't get the information correct on her billing. They could not understand that her bill was to go to a post office box. Although they told me they had it correct after the forth phone call, they were wrong. I had to order her the large button remotes. It went to another address about 6 miles from my Mother's place. Fortunately they knew her and call for us to come pick up the remotes. We did. She was to have received a rebate when she signed up, providing I go on line to my email address and fill it out, which I did. I even called because I didn't recognize this as being a rebate form. They assured me, her son, that was correct and it would come off her first 10 payments. This never happened. I called one month later asking where her statement was, they said they sent it out. Once again, they said they had put in the wrong county. Then they assured me it would be send out and she should receive it within 5 business days. Again, never happened. I called again and again trying to get them to send it to a post office box. They were still trying to send it to her home address, which there is no mail carrier. The again said they had it corrected and extended her cut off date. Finally, my cousin who lives next door to my Mother, called. They told her to send a check out to a mailing address, which she did. 10 days later, no credit for the payment and now my 86 year young Mother has no cable. Then I found out they would not turn it back on until they receive the payment. I assured them it was sent accordingly but pretty much it was tough luck buddy. Then they told me they would issue credit for a late fee charge. Big deal!!!! I am only interested in the comfort for my 86 year young Mother, which apparently "your company" isn't. It took three attempts for them to give her the discount offered from the beginning. I don't know if it is even correct yet. I have never had such horrific service from any cable company. The one she had was picture poor quality but now looks like a dream compared to what she has received from Direct TV. I live in Columbus Ohio and I will be going in for Thanksgiving. I have contacted Channel 3 on your side about doing a television report on this. Maybe that might get someone's attention from your company, since no one seem to care about my Mother's comfort. I have 6 family members receiving Direct TV that are just as pissed about this service for her as I.

I would like to get this resolved today but have no doubt it will not happen. It only takes a few idiots to make the entire group look bad. I have tried to be patient with your company but it has gotten me no where.

Doug Smith 614-483-7316 or 304-682-6064(Edra Smith-customer)

P.O. Box 563 Oceana West Virginia 24870

115345ea, 2010-11-28, 02:52PM CST

I could write volumns but why bother. They give you a total run around and transfer you over and over and each time you have to repeat all of your information. They outsource to India and the Phillipines and you get people who do nothing but read from scripted responses. They put a hold on my debit card for 3 times the amount of the 21.65 and refused to release it until I sent a copy of my bank account to them and then it would take up to 14 days to settle. Not to mention the prices were not as quoted by Qwest. We wouldn't hook up with them if we never saw another television show. With all the unhappy people out there how on earth are they still in business? I SAY LETS DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. THEY WENT ON TV FOR UNDERCOVER BOSS AND LEARNED NOTHING.

713301f7, 2010-12-08, 10:46AM CST

I too have been scrwed by Direct TV! Now I went oline to order and got a person in NC. And they TOOK $89.98 from my cc. Which I agreed to, under the FACTS I was given. OK, that night I DID NOT GET my local news and I called the very next morning and; as you know you never get the same person (this is why I always ask the person, name,state,employee# or extention#-usually emp.#) and you have to go through the entire complaint again+again, I CANCELLED the contract due to being lied to under 24hours! I supposedly got a manager and he said he would get the credit on my cc. OK the next day I checked my cc and NOT ONLY was the $89.98 still there, another deduction of $61.04 forthe so-call 1st month payment. Oh was even more POed! Oh I also make copies of anything on my acct. to keep following up with. So far, since 10/31 the $89.98 is still there but after more calls (on BOTH) the $61.04 was credited. But I received a bill yesterday for the $61.04, oh I mailed it back, NOT WITH $ but in large RED marked, NO but YOU still OWE ME the $89.98! I have sent reg.mail(11/8) to the CEO (the one that was on 'BossUndercover)Mike White, in CO. P.O. Boc 6550 Greenwood, CO 80155 Attn:MikeWhite! Not heard from him or anyone yet. but I won't quit,that is what they want you to do.

bf59ab38, 2011-01-21, 06:38PM CST

They screwed me too..They took 2 payments when they were supposed to take one....Now I can't afford to get my wife's medications this week...Real nice business you are running..And no one speaks English....

9141745d, 2011-01-25, 02:12PM CST

does any one have the ceos e-mail contact address?? please if you do send to [email protected] When they say you get a FREE DVR-- its not free, they also wasted, a persons time , postage, and paper by sending me important time sensitve letter that was nothing but a blank piece of paper, then tried to tell how that blank important paper benefited me.

f47f30b6, 2011-01-28, 05:30PM CST

I HATE DIRECT TV...THEY LIE,CHEAT,AN STEAL!!!!! IF I CUD TROW THIS SH** IN THE STREET AN TELL THEM TO COME PICK IT UP I WOULD!! I HAVE HAD THEM 6 LOOONG MONTHS.. AND THEY STILL CANT FIX NOTHING!! I HAVE SPOKE WITH 38 DIFFERENT PEOPLE SO FAR AND IM NOT DUN YET... NOT 1 BILL HAS EVER BEEN RITE,THEY HAVE SHUT MY SERVICE OFF 3TIMES SO FAR FOR "NON PAYMENT" WHICH THEY GOT THEN DIRECT TV SAYS ITS NOT THEM ITS QWEST BUT THEN QWEST SAYS ITS DIRECT TV NOT THEM.....SO WHO IS IT ???AND THE CEO?? YA CANT GET HIM EITHER.. I HATE TESE PEOPLE!! IM NOT DONE TIL I RUN THESE GUYS INTO THE GROUND!!

f47f30b6, 2011-01-28, 06:14PM CST

I HATE DIRECT TV!! THE ARE LIARS, THEY STEAL,AND NO ONE CAN TELL ME ANYTHING!! ITS NEVER THE RITE AMOUNT EVER!!I JUST GOT OFF THE WITH "BETTY". SUSPOSALLY A ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR WHO CANT HELP ME EITHER... THIS IS A MESS AND HAS BEEN FOR 6 LOONG MONTHS!!I HAVE TALKED TO 38 PEOPLE SO FAR WHO KEEP GIVING ME THE SAME ANSWER"ITS NOT US ITS QWEST,THEN ITS, ITS NOT US ITS DIRECT TV"? NO ONE KNOWS WHATS GOING ON AND U CANT TALK TO ANYONE HIGHER UP... THIS ISNT DONE BY ANY MEANS!! IM NOT STOPING TIL IM HAPPY AN IM NOT HAPPY IF I COULD THROW THIS CRAP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET AN TELL THEM TO COME GET IT I WOULD!! ALL I CAN SAY IS DONT DO IT GET OUT OF THEM AN RUN!!

115345ea, 2011-01-29, 01:59PM CST

I would NEVER again try to sign up with this company or the other one. I'll stick with Comcast, no contracts and immediate help, they have always worked with me and have always been able to resolve things with ONE (1) phone call. And it didn't take hours to do nor did I get connected to a foreign country. If Qwest was smart they would drop this business like a hot rock.

0d7acd29, 2011-03-05, 01:50PM CST

We have had Direct TV for going on 10 years and each month the bill changes. We are both retired and I am disabled.

Then you have to call each month and have argue with them about the bill. They always have some story. Them you ask for a supervisor. They tell you pay what you paid the month before and they will put it in the system. The next month, a higher bill. Last December, 2010 my wife made a agreement for $126.18 for 12 months. This we get a bill for $126.44! I called and they said their was no such record of this.

I told them I am tired of their lies and said we are going with Dish or AT&T.

They said quote. do what you want and have a nice day and hung up on me! We are asking everyone we know who has Direct TV and asking them if they arehaving the same problem. They said

yes and are going to switch also. At this rate, they are going to loss a lot of business and I recommend everyone do the same. Soon maybe they will see the light before it is.

d2c98bc0, 2011-03-16, 12:26PM CDT

Hello, we are facing a simular situation with our Direct, our bill was original #35.39, starting Aug. 2010. It now is $46.45, because of increases. they have no consideration of people on Social Security. I thought our price $35.39 would be until Aug. 2011, now, I'm told it will be $46.57 now for Apr. Is there anyone, who can keep this from goinging up every 6 months, increase you will be paying over $60 by time your 2 yr us up. I know, where you are coming from. if, you find out how to contact Mike White, CEO for Direct. I don't know about Mr. Carey. I just talked with that office and, wound up having to pay the $46.57 instead of the $45.39. When I get my Social Security, I will in the meanntime check with Dish Network, see, if, they go up while under contract for one price. Bottom line. you have to keep mind on their bottom line, which will be more that what your contract says. They all do not tell you everything.

Let's keep the fight up, don't give up.

1dce614f, 2011-03-16, 04:26PM CDT

OMG...I have only been with them for 3 weeks and i have spent at least 3 hours on the phone with them already.

I have lost service, had channels missing and my bill is almost double what they said it would be...I'm so pissed off its not even funny.

i was also told that i wouldn't have to sign a 2 year contract because i was a return customer which surprise surprise was yet another load of bull. An the line i;m sorry if someone may have not made the agreement clear to you but theirs nothing you can do now.

3f13ba3a, 2011-04-11, 10:45AM CDT

Been a customer for 20+ years back when you bought the system at Loew's installed it your self. today after making a payment agreement last week for 258 to pay today they interubted service!!! the payment went up from 258 to 388 to 411 in 4 phone calls includeing there coperate office still not resolvced going back to comcast easy see yah D TV

031cc001, 2011-06-02, 05:08PM CDT

I'm afraid this is no longer the President and CEO. It is Michael White and there's no way to directly contact him I can find. Hmmmm, wonder why?

8754a0b0, 2011-06-07, 09:50AM CDT

I agree with all the complaints I have read here. I was an original customer since 1997 and they I got as bad a treatment as anyone. The fact is these clowns don't have a clue. With all the inovations in TV's HD and the sort, they continue to want to charge extra for these services. I had 2 HD TV's that the HD was worthless connected to DirectTV. They wanted too much extra for the HD service in addition to the rest of the packages I was buying plus a charge per tuner box everywhere I wanted a TV. LETS PUT THESE CLOWNS OUT OF BUSINESS! AT&T Uverse is the way to go. The bidding on the NFL package begins in 2 years so who know's if DIRECTv loses the bid they are gone.

c5b50280, 2011-06-30, 07:33PM CDT

We changed from Dish to Direct November 30, 2010 because we already had a package deal with AT&T and their personnel kept telling us we could get a big discount if we change to Direct TV which was a joke. When Direct installed their equipment one of the cables were bad and we started having audio problems. Everytime we called Direct they supposingly checked their system and would say it was our TV not their problem. After seven months of this they finally sent a technician that seemed to know what he was doing and he found HDMI cable bad if I read his writing correctly. So far our TV seems to be working fine. I would like to know what kind of restitution Direct is going to make for seven months of bad service? It would be fine with us if they would cancel our lease.

5efc75a6, 2011-07-11, 12:47AM CDT

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS TRUF TRUF STUFF?

QUITE ILLATERATE> YOU LOST MY ACCOUNT!!

11554188, 2011-08-04, 02:22PM CDT

I have been a longtime customer over 11 years and Tuesday was my breaking point. DTV mails bills but does not put "due dates" on them just "service interruption date". My date has always been 12th of month. I get home Tuesday and service is off. I called and got automated voice which said "once you pay your bill we will be able to speak with you". If you are calling, block your home phone or whichever phone you use or you will get this recording. After blocking no. I got through and asked why was my date changed without my knowledge. The first and second supv. I spoke with seem to be reading from a script. I asked why my bill NEVERS has a due date and they kept telling me it did. I was forced to pay $104.00 for lousy service that goes off every time the wind blows or it rains. I told this lady I was writing my councilman, CEO (which I have been reading is hiding out) and someone else suggested Consumer Protection Agency. I am going to try U-Verse--anything is better than this rip-off (Direct TV).

15a27158, 2011-09-07, 03:41PM CDT

I feel the same way! I spent 3 hours on the phone with representatives and within an hour of calling this office my problem was resolved. Now to get them to realize that they wasted 3 hours of my cell time and 3 hours of my day trying to get a problem fixed that should have never been a problem to start with. The Customer Service people have so many rules that they can not provide service!

849c3dcf, 2011-10-27, 12:03PM CDT

Dear Sir, I have been a Long time DIRECTV customer, I even put up my Dish,when they frist came out at K-mart, I recieve 3 months of the Starz Super Pack free,at the end they started billing me, I tried to remove it on line and add Cimamax, I couldn't. I e-mail DIRECTV with them telling me it would be 10.00 to change it, even though I never added Starz, they are billing my credit, & I am not even watching it, thought heated e-mails nothing happened. Can you help?

Anonymous, 2011-10-30, 09:53AM CDT

Mr White gets on TV & says NEWS CORP wants to bill you 40% more. That is CRAP. They don't bill us, they bill you Mr. White.

Why are you CEO if you don't understand that. You have the ability to keep your customers happy , if News Corp charges you more, by reducing what you charge us. UNDERSTAND the principles of ECONOMICS. You can be that STUPID. People signed up with you for certain programing with certain cost in the Contract. Lawyers are avaliable to help Avoid breaking of contract & making them Null & Void. DISH doesn't seem to be having this problem.

297edaf2, 2011-11-01, 10:25PM CDT

I dont believe you will ever see this letter. I thought I would feel better writing this letter anyway. You should know how poorly your service is in Colorado. It is with sadness that I tell you how disappointed I am with the way I have been treated by Direct TV. I have been a customer of yours since 2005. I had purchased my original equipment from Costco and had your system hooked up in Southern California. I then saw receivers at Costco and added to my system, by buying more receivers. We had issues with Direct, but Direct always seemed to fix them. Then we moved to Montrose Colorado. Thats when the nightmare began. I brought my receivers with me from there to Colorado. I then learned that in Montrose Colorado where I live there is no local channel service on direct only Dish. We stayed with Direct, but it became intolerable. My wife got tired of watching her TV shows on her computer, because we couldnt get them on Direct. Yet Dish people get them seems like a cost issue, which Direct is not willing to pay? We even tried your magic box I believe its an AR21, which made things worse not better. We were very disappointed with the way we have been treated and lack of service. Finally the wife had enough and we switched to dish. I called to cancel my service and was told that I needed to return all 4 receivers. I told the person I only have one receiver that was Direct TVs. I bought one at Costco and then bought 2 others from a friend in the TV business. Your company now says I dont own these boxes. I beg to differ with them and cant believe the way this has been treated. NO one ever said, If you buy these boxes they still belong to Direct TV. I and sure that myself and others would not have BOUGHT these boxes. It s just been a nightmare. I am sending you the 3 other dvr boxes I have, because I have been threatened by your company if I dont. Therefore I have returned all 4 boxes. I am very disappointed and shocked at how I was treated. If your company continues to treat customers the way it did me you will loose even more business. In these economic times you think your company would be bending over backwards to keep customer happy, NOT so. I still disagree with the fact that these boxes are yours, but you can have them as they are of no use to me. After the way I was treated I can never see me being a Direct TV customer again.

Regretfully Yours,

90d048af, 2012-01-27, 07:35PM CST

The 4th of these months my direct tv was installed and I having problems whith the dvr is not obeying the remote control I need somebody to come end checkit as soon as possible, I have tried call by phone whith no lack, need that service before the week and.

Othoniel H Perez my account number

7039 Arbutus ave 035591216

Huntungton Park code 3391

Ca, 90255

383f752f, 2012-02-15, 09:31PM CST

i had my service installed 2/09/2012 and the price for my monthly service was suppose to be f0r 55.00 dollars. I recieved my first bill 2/15/12 that i owe 79.95. I call customer service they told me i had to apply for a rebate. I was never told that i needed any rebate to get that price which was 55.00. i then called cancellation dept and they said i have to pay a 480.00 early temination fee. They did not keep their part of the agreement jacking up the price. They said they are charging me the cancellation fee beacuse i only have 24 hours to cancel my contract but its no where notated on the account contract. THEY ARE LIARS LIARS AND LIKE TO SCREW PEOPLE THAT WORK HARD FOR THEIR MONEY..!!!!!

b83d5ae4, 2012-03-13, 04:35PM CDT

Omg.. I feel your pain, am going through the samething, and no one there cares... so I have posted all over face book.. not to Subscribe to Direct Tv.. they are awful

email after email, calls after calls... nothing... just today, i was on a call with them once again about my billing for over 1 hr

bfae9360, 2012-03-21, 05:17AM CDT

I need some one, to respond , today my husband and myself have spent, since December 9th.2012 ! trying to resolve a fraudulent, sale , we were promised 11.00 a month for 12 the other 12 43.00 a dvr,rf remote antennae,All chan.but sprorts We have had a very extremely bad experiance with Direct TV from the 1st day,Jan. 9th 2012.In the first day we had to call in.cause over half of our channels got turned off.we did not

even cet the equipmebtt

Sir, My Wife & Myself were offered a super deal & and pestered until We Committed to take Your Companys deal,That turned out to Be Fraud !Country Wide ENt. promised us $11.00 for the 1st 12 mounhs and $43 for the 2nd 12 mounths A HD DVR A HD REceiver and RF Ant.for both. We never received a confromation letter, We have been Degraded,called liars,and just treated like scum by your staff. It Ends Now!! You can get this taken care of TODAY! OR Direct Tv can take this service & Equip. and Stuff it!!! We Are Not Going to continue to have to be fighting for 24 mounths

aba1afe7, 2012-04-02, 01:00PM CDT

Indiana's Channel 4 is off the air, pending "agreements". Since then found out they don't pay that channel any money at all currently. Will result in me cancelling and going back to Comcast.

5ec5ebaf, 2012-07-12, 12:22PM CDT

Mr white, you nauthy boy and over paid ceo .consumers hate being frustrated with no end in site soooooooooooo We are taking our $$$$ elsewhere. Have a marvy day EXdirect tv customer.

9fe17d64, 2012-08-28, 09:53AM CDT

They took 659.83 from our bank account for someones elses bill we faxed everything they asked for was told it was received waited tje 10 days and now being told they need more faxed to them because they can find the card and where the money was used keep in mind we investigated and gave them the account phone number and the account number of which the used our card on but yet they cant find it and they will try and have this resolved with in this week this is an outrage and to top it off they still want us to pay this months bill

Alan Z., 2012-09-10, 01:00PM CDT

This company is by far the most fraudulent company I have ever had the displeasure of utilizing. From 2007 to 2009 I had their service in Washington DC. I tried to disconnect it because I had switched to DISH due to better programming and pricing. I knew I was moving in less then 6 months and was given a sales pitch for which I could not cancel my service. I tried for an hour but the rep was unrelenting so I suspended my account. I was moving to Orlando Florida and the new condo did not have clear line of sight to the south and was surrounded by 300 year old oak trees and Bamboo. I therefore canceled my account right before moving and thought I was done with it. I met my two year contract and I knew I could not use them in the new place. I neglected to keep track of the name of the guy with whom I canceled my account and the lost the cancellation number in the move. However, this did not matter since he never canceled my account and in April of 2010 I was given a suspension of service notice and charged 216.39 for services I never had. No bill or email was received by me until then so I had no idea this was even happening. I have spent the last three years trying to rectify this and am still trying to do so today. I spent an hour today trying to get resolution only to be told to email the president. I never had them in Orlando and I would never use them ever again and I have warned anyone considering them to use someone else. It seems like cooperate greed is alive and well and this company has no problem charging me for services I have never used. I am ashamed and disgusted, THese people are crooks at best and seem to only be concerned about finding ways to trick its customers into paying for a service they have not received. Really, do not risk it.